CCC site slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network slowdowns continue at Rutgers

The Rutgers network has been suffering internet outages almost daily since July 20, 2009. What began with intermittent outages between 14:30-15:00 every day has been spreading to other parts of the day, to as early as 12:05 pm to 5 pm. The internet is affected for 30 minutes or variable periods starting at 2:30 and 5:30 pm. During this time, web pages from internet servers may not load or only after long delays.

We apologize for this. Rutgers has been investigating this for the past week and have not been able to find the underlying cause of this outage. Hopefully, they will resolve it soon.

Wise.

Comment

Wasted another hour of my life writing a PM here just to have it disappear into the cyber-ether. What joy.

Bob.
      "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Originally posted by bob clark View Post
        Wasted another hour of my life writing a PM here just to have it disappear into the cyber-ether. What joy.

Bob.
        Sorry Bob. We'll be deciding Monday on which day to switch to the new servers, as everything's tested and working on them, so that shouldn't happen again.
        ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Can't wait for the new servers, thanks.
          Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Edwards View Post
            Sorry Bob. We'll be deciding Monday on which day to switch to the new servers, as everything's tested and working on them, so that shouldn't happen again.
            Thank you Steven. There's something about losing a fairly long and somewhat thought out PM or post that just drives me nuts!

I'll re-write it tonight and as I usually do, but regrettably didn't last night, periodically copy and paste it to a trusty "general" notepad document that I keep handy on my desktop for such purposes.

I'm anxious to see how the new servers will perform. Thanks for all your hard work.

Bob.
            "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Working...
            X