An earnest plea for new section!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An earnest plea for new section!

Could we please please please add an Arts/Music/Entertainment Section?

Such a section exists in every city's Sunday paper.
    We would post videos, songs, movies (not anything downloaded mind you, but links where hosted. We could link to books online as well.

I swear I alone will make it worthwhile for everyone, especially those
    of us spend so much laying in bed or confined with our laptop as our
    window to the world!

Can I get some fellow UJers behind me??
    And the truth shall set you free.

Joe, I like this idea. Let me discuss this further with the moderators. I am sorry that some decisions are taking so long to implement but I wanted to take one thing at a time. We have a request for a military forum. Let me first take care of that and then I think we can work on the Music and Arts forum.

Wise.

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz View Post

We would post videos, songs, movies (not anything downloaded mind you, but links where hosted. We could link to books online as well.

window to the world!

Comment

Thank you for any consideration Doc!!!

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
      Joe, I like this idea. Let me discuss this further with the moderators. I am sorry that some decisions are taking so long to implement but I wanted to take one thing at a time. We have a request for a military forum. Let me first take care of that and then I think we can work on the Music and Arts forum.

Wise.

Comment

window to the world!

Maybe we should have a NoDecaf forum?

Comment

Good suggestion NoDecaf - I'm all for an Arts section too.

Comment

So the Arts/Music/Entertainment section

is just around the bend?

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecaf
              If it happens, I'd like to have short stories and poems added as part of the forum - for praise, ridicule and constructive critique Or create another forum. The new theory is that the Universe is infinite, and there are infinite Universes. So maybe we can add a few more forums without upsetting the grand scheme, and if members volunteered to help out with moderation. I'd help moderate the writing forum if it ever came to be.
              Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
              Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                If it happens, I'd like to have short stories and poems added as part of the forum - for praise, ridicule and constructive critique Or create another forum. The new theory is that the Universe is infinite, and there are infinite Universes. So maybe we can add a few more forums without upsetting the grand scheme, and if members volunteered to help out with moderation. I'd help moderate the writing forum if it ever came to be.
                Yes!! I like!!

Raven
                Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
                but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Comment

Roses are Red
                  Violets are Blue
                  Give us a section that is new!

Comment

I have some questions concerning how people would post music, art, poetry, and other works of art on the forum. How about copyright issues? Can people discuss these? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                      I have some questions concerning how people would post music, art, poetry, and other works of art on the forum. How about copyright issues? Can people discuss these? Thanks.
                      I was referring to CC members' own short stories and poems, and even their own personally written or created music and art. Once it was posted online, it'd pretty much be considered to be copyrighted, and have copyright protection from that point forward - at least the short stories and poems, not sure about the other forms of expression, eg art, graphics, etc.

As to posting the works of other people, famous or not, that's a whole different issue, and surely permission would have to be granted by the creator to avoid problems.
                      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

I was not suggesting that anything be directly uploaded to CC, merely links to you tube/ similar sites where some other site is actually hosting.

In this way, CC is not responsible for hosting anything.

Comment

I was not suggesting that anything be directly uploaded to CC, merely links to you tube/ similar sites where some other site is actually hosting.

In this way, CC is not responsible for hosting anything.
                          Excellent thinking!

Comment

I like the idea. My preference is it shouldn't be a forum to download music. I think it would be interesting to exchange comments about music, movies, artists, books etc. For example, I could talk about how much I like jazz and blues music and in particular the pianist Gene Harris. Maybe I could leave a link to one of his CD's on Amazon where anyone can hear a free 30 second clip and they could decide for themselves.....or at least get exposed to a new artist.

Check out song #9 "The Song is You"

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Blue-Gen...7321088&sr=1-3

Comment

A New Movies & Music Forum

Happy New Year! I have formed a new Movies & Music Forum. Located in the Exchange Forums, it is for people to discuss their favorite movies and music. I have not put any restrictions on the forum but just request that people be respectful of copyright regulations. Enjoy.

/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102
                              Last edited by Wise Young; 28 Dec 2008, 4:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X