An earnest plea for new section!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANK YOU SIR!!!!

Please forgive me for suggesting, but might it be called Arts & Entertainment just so books and other areas might be included?

Merry Christmas!!!

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
    Happy New Year! I have formed a new Movies & Music Forum. Located in the Exchange Forums, it is for people to discuss their favorite movies and music. I have not put any restrictions on the forum but just request that people be respectful of copyright regulations. Enjoy.

/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102
    And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

OOps! Sorry, just saw we have that lol!
      And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Can you tell me where that already existing forum is? I would like to be able to post some writing of mine for feedback someday, and I just found a college paper/interview project that I'd love to resurrect here just for fun and conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          Can you tell me where that already existing forum is? I would like to be able to post some writing of mine for feedback someday, and I just found a college paper/interview project that I'd love to resurrect here just for fun and conversation.
          Randy, we have a Books Forum which I have just expanded to include favorite books and authors. I hadn't thought that this might be a place where people might want to post their own writings for feedback. That is a good idea. Let me add that to the blurb... It was formerly only about books about disability and spinal cord injury.

wise.

Comment

Randy, we have a Books Forum which I have just expanded to include favorite books and authors. I hadn't thought that this might be a place where people might want to post their own writings for feedback. That is a good idea. Let me add that to the blurb... It was formerly only about books about disability and spinal cord injury.

wise.
            I think Bob(rdf) had also brought up the idea previously Wise. I like it since there are times when I read or write some poetry and would like some feedback on my work also. Thank you for adding this too to the forums. Also would like to thank you for the Music forum, am sure it will be really busy with postings.

Raven
            Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
            but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Comment

Good suggestion LOL ^_^

Comment

wise.
                I'm a little bit confused here. I would like to know if the Books Forum would then be where we would post our own personal work or is it something that will be separate later on? Also, if separate, is a link the only thing we would put or could we just put our work on the particular forum.

Am also thinking if RDF would still be interested in moderating as he previously stated. I personally would like a separate forum to post some poetry, either mine or others which I have enjoyed. Would like to have others critique my work and believe others who have written or begun to write their stories or poems would probably like to have people review their work.

Randy, I for one would like to read your work too and whoever else might want to share with us here.

I would appreciate to have some clarification on this if possible. Anyone else?

Raven
                Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

Comment

Raven,

The Book Forum is a place where people can discuss books that they have read. People have posted their writings in Life and Members Only for discussion. Unless you and sufficient others feel strongly about having a separate forum for posting poetry, may I suggest that you simply create a thread... named, for example, Raven's Poetry, and post your poetry there (perhaps in a different color to distinguish your work from the comments).

I would like to know that there is interest from at least several dozen members in having a poetry forum before creating a new forum just for that purpose. Thanks.

Wise.
                  Last edited by Wise Young; 3 May 2009, 7:43 AM.

Comment

Raven,

The Book Forum is a place where people can discuss books that they have read. People have posted their writings in Life and Members Only for discussion. Unless you and sufficient others feel strongly about having a separate forum for posting poetry, may I suggest that you simply create a thread... named, for example, Raven's Poetry, and post your poetry there (perhaps in a different color to distinguish your work from the comments).

I would like to know that there is interest from at least several dozen members in having a poetry forum before creating a new forum just for that purpose. Thanks.

Wise.
                    Thanks Wise. I did start a thread in Life Titled "Official Poetry Thread" and posted one of my poems. Now I am hoping others will also post some of their writing in it, doesn't matter if it isn't poems. Also am waiting to see if others would give me some input on what I wrote.

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by Raven View Post
                      Thanks Wise. I did start a thread in Life Titled "Official Poetry Thread" and posted one of my poems. Now I am hoping others will also post some of their writing in it, doesn't matter if it isn't poems. Also am waiting to see if others would give me some input on what I wrote.

Raven
                      /forum/showthread.php?t=118290

It is great. People should comment. One possibility is for individuals to create their own poetry threads for comments. After all, Kate, for example, created her journal in the caregiver forum and it is the most viewed of all the threads on our site.

Wise.

Comment

/forum/showthread.php?t=118290

It is great. People should comment. One possibility is for individuals to create their own poetry threads for comments. After all, Kate, for example, created her journal in the caregiver forum and it is the most viewed of all the threads on our site.

Wise.
                        Thank you Wise. That is a great idea. Even better than mine too. If you or the moderators think that the title to my thread should be different, please don't hesitate to do it. I wouldn't know how to do it anyway. Oh, and comments on my work would be really appreciated. That's the way we can learn to write better.

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by Raven View Post
                          Thank you Wise. That is a great idea. Even better than mine too. If you or the moderators think that the title to my thread should be different, please don't hesitate to do it. I wouldn't know how to do it anyway. Oh, and comments on my work would be really appreciated. That's the way we can learn to write better.

Raven
                          It is taking off. I will leave your thread alone. If it gathers lots of responses... perhaps we should set up a Poetry Forum and move the threads there. We need a critical mass of viewers and posters to make the forum a success.

Wise.

Comment

Working...
                          X