correcting a title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

correcting a title?

Is there any way to edit the title of a post?
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

You can either edit the post or, if the post started a thread, double-click the cell that the thread link is in and edit it right there.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

You can edit the title of a thread?
      I didn't know that.
      I'm dense, can you expand on how?
      I'm not understanding, but would like to know.

Thanks Mona
      sigpic

Comment

Mona,

When you're viewing the thread list, each thread is in a row like this:
        [ATTACH]22033[/ATTACH]

If you started the thread, double-click the cell [but not the thread title] and it will change to this:
        [ATTACH]22034[/ATTACH]

Type in the new title and hit enter.
        ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

C-o-o-o-o-o-l beans! That's great!

That's why I couldn't find a thread the other day.
          2 days later I saw it with another title.
          I thought a moderator changed it.
          I didn't know we could.
          The link changes. So my favorites couldn't find it.

Thanks Steven!

Mona
          sigpic

Comment

You're welcome, Mona.

One note, though -- the link doesn't change unless a thread has been merged or deleted. Only the title does.

Do you remember the link you bookmarked?

Comment

I deleted it from my favorites.

It was called My Struggle I think by rdf.
              I can't remember the new name,
              I even put My Struggle in CC's search.
              The thread came up but when I clicked the thread.
              I got this.

Mona~on~wheels, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
              1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
              2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
              http://www.google.com/search?q=my+st...ci.rutgers.edu
              sigpic

Comment

thanx
                "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

There is a time-limit on edits though, and this applies to titles as well.

The one mentioned above (My Struggles...) was past that time period, so it required a moderator request to change the title (from the OP). Even we have a hard time doing this. I had to copy the entire thread, retitle it, than delete the original thread to do this.

(KLD)
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Sorry Mona, my fault, I wasn't paying attention and didn't clue into people not recognizing the changed title after KLD went through the hoops to change the title, along with Wise.

The new title is Warnings on the Use of Methadone for Pain.

Sorry bout that
                    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks KLD great info to know.

That's okay rdf.
                      I just wanted to keep up & make sure you were doing okay.
                      Thanks for the new link.

When I get those warnings, I wonder what did I do now? lol
                      I figure if it was really bad someone would have told me.

Mona
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mona, those are kind words And yeah, I'm sleeping again, naturally, and it sure makes life easier to deal with. Thanks
                        Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                        Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X