We are back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are back!

I apologize for the long down time of CareCure. This is the longest time that CareCure has been down in its entire history. What happened? Last Friday, the server indicated that one of its RAID disks has been corrupted. On Monday, we scheduled a maintenance break to fix the corrupted disk. It turned out to be unfixable. In order not to lose any data, we sent the disks out for data recovery. They just finished and restored the data. We received the disk this afternoon.

Steven Edwards is still looking through the site to make sure that everything is working but, in the meantime, CareCure is now up again. I deeply apologize for the site going off line like that.

Wise.

Dear Dr. Young and Steven,

Thank you for the long hours and hard work you put into this endeavor. It is greatly appreciated. I admit I have begun to take CC for granted, and it was such a loss when I realized how much we all use the website for communication and for information. Thank you again..

Steven...when are you coming to D.C.? The day you do that is the day I buy accessible housing...

Mary
    1FineSpineRN

Comment

Kudos to everyone getting the site back operational. I really, really appreciate everyone's dedication in making sure we have a place to communicate. Kind of surprised how much I realized I enjoyed coming to this forum after it went down. One more thing that I didn't know was so valuable until it was gone.

Comment

No apologies necessary! We all appreciate the time and effort everyone puts in to make this site available to us. I know a lot of us realized just how much we depend on it while it was down.
        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

High 5's guys...

Comment

thank you so much dr.young and steven .....this site is a treasure for disabled patients .god bless you.

Comment

Thank Wise and Ron Hart, guys.

I appreciate the kind words, but they are the two who did the hard work at the lab. I am still in SC, so I had no hand to play in this fix.

Thanks Wise and Ron.

[Mary, email me. ]
              ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Edwards
                Thank Wise and Ron Hart, guys.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DA
                  High 5's guys...
                  Heard rumours that some from the McCain campaign supporting camp was infiltrating the hard drives creating this, now that Obma will be the president and Al Gore will be the vice president. High fives to stop their server attacks.

Comment

Thank You for getting the site up and running again. It was missed.
                    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

Good to see CC back up and running. Thanks to everyone that worked(s) on it.

I'm with DA and the high 5's.

Comment

Hallo Wise

It's so good to see you back in cyberspace and CC up and running again. Even though I haven't been here much lately because I am too busy with college, my life wouldn't be complete without CC.

Wise, I hope all is well with you in spite of your stressful, hectic life and you can continue fighting the good fight for all of us.

On a side note, I was just listening to a program on China the other day on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) and they were saying that China will be the number one economic power in the world in another 5-6 years and that they will surpass the US also as the world's number one power in science and finance.

I am sure you are already aware of all this.
                        Step up, stand up for:
                        http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

Comment

glad it's back up , well done , thank you. at first i thought it was a April fools joke. we all had to get Mac's to get in.
                          oh well

Comment

Glad you fixed everything so promptly. Thank you!
                            "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

Comment

Hey, it's good to see that the "usual suspects" are still here and apparently still healthy and in fine form.

Hi Dave, DA, Adi and my favourite "viking", hi Leif lol
                              Step up, stand up for:
                              http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

Comment

Working...
                              X