• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article on UTI's

Kinda sounds like colonization to me...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...nfections.html
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Hi McDuff,

Since it's been a while since your post, have your realized any changes with the recommended treatment(s)?

As a two decade long indwelling catheter user, I started experiencing frequent infections with plugged catheters, as often as monthly, a couple years back. Upon my doc's and, more so, NP's advice I started D-Mannose, TheraCran capsules and irrigating with diluted sterile vinegar solution (made at home) twice a day and a compound (Rx) of Gentamicin in the p.m. 3 evenings per week. Since I have started this regime my UTI's have occurred once to twice per year and the need for antibiotics has been minimal.

As each individual is different and experiences different conditions, I still hope this may offer some yet unexplored option(s) for you. I wish you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by McDuff View Post
      Kinda sounds like colonization to me...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...nfections.html

This is about UTIs in AB people without a neurogenic bladder. Their urine should be sterile; colonization is not a normal finding. Any positive culture of >10,000/ml. is considered a UTI in someone like this. Totally different criteria, and management from someone with a neurogenic bladder.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
      X