My Trilogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Trilogy

I never met another incomplete quad like me with this ailment .

When my motorcycle crashed I broke my neck instantly and felt a burning pain as my whole body went limp , numb below my neck down like I was on fire then like dead for better term's .
    About 1 hour passed I was bleeding badly it was a hard to describe pain as I knew I was dying . I was alone struggling to breathe and thank God I had my Helmet on .
    I couldnt feel my chest and my right side had lot's of strenghth to lift and shut off the motorcycle off my broken body .
    My right side of my body is much stronger than my left yet I am numb from neck down .

Years have passed and as a incomplete quad with Brown -Sequard syndrome is my whole life is new from square one .
    I had inovasive front throat surgery to stabilize my spine with plates , grafts etc... I dont know the name of the front throat surgery but it was to stabilize my head , neck

I am lucky to be alive

I dont have a way of describing how odd and alone I feel regarding my particular SCI

Deep thought > I wouldnt wish my life on my worst enemy

As a survivor , Everyday of my beautiful unique life is a blessing but sometimes I feel like my ailment is a curse .

I remember my past but those memories are long gone

If I could ask God for just one thing it would be for living a normal life where I could walk and not suffer .
    I have everything to give and nothing to lose
    Maybe this is just my testament
    Something along those lines

From my neck down I am numb and I have little strenghth in my left arm as more in myright arm/ hand
    my right side of my face is numb it is a odd feeling when you just feel lie 1/2 a person that is me in a nutshell .

Brown-Séquard syndrome's symptoms:
    * = Side of the lesion
    1 = hypotonic paralysis
    2 = spastic paralysis and loss of vibration and proprioception (position sense) and fine touch
    3 = loss of pain and temperature sensation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown-S...quard_syndrome
    Last edited by GL; 22 Apr 2011, 10:53 PM.

You are very much more than half a person Judy!

Comment

Hey GL U hit home with that, thanks for sharing.

u are not alone.
      coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Comment

Judy, Thanks so much for explaining Brown-Sequard syndrome. I hear it mentioned here, but never really understood what it was.

Comment

Thanks everyone

I appreciate your kind words
          For years i've tried to figure out why 1/2 of my body sort of works
          my other 1/2 is like having a big log strapped to me it is useless

I see life / live life in a very unique way
          My anaolgy > It is like having the worst stroke and being trapped inside of my body

That is why I was so close to my Grandmother and lived took care of her for 7 years when she had a massive stroke
          I relate to her so much it is not funny .

Someday I hope to nail it down and be cured , I do believe medical science is now on the cutting edge of making things happen .

I am alive and am a survivor

It is part of life .

Comment

When I had surgery years back lol too many indians stepped in and no cheif
            Mom what were you thinking ?

I think I could have done fine without lugging a log for my left leg back then
            It weighs like a ton so it feels lol

My point is I am proud of who I am

It is ok I am 1/2 the woman I once was but a better sense of humor

Comment

I often describe myself as a half of a person, but I have dark sarcasm. lol

Sometimes I describe paralysis to people as 'dragging half a cadaver around.' lol
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by GL View Post
                I dont have a way of describing how odd and alone I feel regarding my particular SCI

Deep thought > I wouldnt wish my life on my worst enemy

As a survivor , Everyday of my beautiful unique life is a blessing but sometimes I feel like my ailment is a curse .

I remember my past but those memories are long gone

If I could ask God for just one thing it would be for living a normal life where I could walk and not suffer .
                I have everything to give and nothing to lose
                Maybe this is just my testament
                Something along those lines
                The best way I've found to describe it to myself is sorta like a Sci-Fi movie--A life that got suspended in time on the day of the accident, now it's waiting for me to come back and resume living life where I left off.

Comment

Just think of it as 'Whole person...1/2 body'

Comment

Patty , Lynnifer , Susqu
                    it is ironic how every word you all posted is right on
                    Lynnifer lmao friends at a bbq last year Tony and I have this pirate carribean thing and I use Mutiny on the Bounty skit we mix it up were there drinking beers Tony did his hysterical pirate voice Arrrgh mattie i'll push you up there to swab the poopdeck I said captain !!! I already pooped on the deck for you please pass me the mop amd bucket of sea salt water to swab it up in the hot sun doo north 10 degrees

I put on the CD player and was dancing in my wheelchair IIIIII want to Soak up the sun song lmao I love summer bbqs All we needed was a big old pirate ship to make it to the carribean .

Things fit let them rip

Comment

Working...
                    X