Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man Paralyzed By Wrong Medication At UW Hospital

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Man Paralyzed By Wrong Medication At UW Hospital

    Man Paralyzed By Wrong Medication At UW Hospital
    Hospital Settles For $1.65 Million

    POSTED: 6:02 p.m. EST November 13, 2003
    UPDATED: 6:14 p.m. EST November 13, 2003

    MADISON, Wis. -- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics will pay $1.65 million to a man who was paralyzed after being given the wrong injection during his cancer treatment.

    Otis Williams, 69, is paralyzed from the chest down and confined to a wheelchair after he was given the injection while being treated for acute lymphoblastic leukemia.

    Williams, a retired farmer from La Farge who owns a small used-car lot, said he'd rather have his legs back than the money.

    Williams' cancer was in complete remission and he was in the hospital Nov. 1, 1999, for an injection of methotrexate, a chemotherapy agent, in his spinal fluid. Dr. Robert Woodson was to give him an injection of saline solution afterward, but instead injected another chemotherapy agent mistakenly given to him by the pharmacy.

    Dane County Circuit Judge John Albert dismissed a lawsuit from Williams last week after the parties agreed, said his attorney.
    Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    http://stores.ebay.com/MAKSYM-Variety-Store
Working...
X