X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of my favorite pictures
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

Originally posted by kenf
      ducks i have no problem with. that pic i'm pretty sure is a Canadian goose. all they are is crapping machines. i have a nice pond out back and if i let them hang around they will destroy the place. the trick is to never let them make a nest and have young , once they do , they will come back every year.
      At Rutgers, with our vast expanses of grass, we probably have more geese visitors a year than anybody. Is it legal to shoot them? I have never seen it happen. Yes, I understand your concern. They do really poop up the grass. But, is it really that bad, that you would want to kill them, I mean? You just have to be careful to avoid the poop. I am sure that goose poop is great fertilizer. Best of all, they leave for the winter and summer, just come back in the Spring and Fall.

Wise.

Comment

Wow, they like surfin', too.

Comment

cute pic ,but i hope no sharks around ....only dolphins.

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young
            Sometimes, I feel like this duck.
            my father died 9 years ago ....i read most of your posts sir...i feel like i have a new father....regarding science and your good ,kind words and advice,
            thank you sir.you are a brilliant professor and scientist.
            adi .

Comment

i don't kill them , i just have one of the boys find where they're nesting and destroy the nest before they lay eggs. the new law in Ohio is you can destroy the nest with eggs. after they hatch off limits. things are dime a dozen. 30 years ago it was cool to see flocks coming and going from Canada. they are a migrating bird , but for the most part they don't migrate any more. as far as the poop , it is great fertilizer. until the rain washes into the pond and the algae loves the stuff. if it gets bad you can't even fish in it. there pretty birds on somebody else pond lol.
              oh well

Comment

Riding real close to the edge

close to the edge.

Comment

Milk and coffee...

http://www.yousaytoo.com/user/fantastic/gallery/3939

Comment

If you had a beak like this

Comment

i don't know what that bird does with that beak , but it looks like he means bussiness. amazing so many birds with different types of beaks for different purposes. big woodpeckers always amazed me how they don't get a massive headache. i did some research on it. it was pretty cool.
                      oh well

Comment

Originally posted by kenf
                        i don't know what that bird does with that beak , but it looks like he means bussiness. amazing so many birds with different types of beaks for different purposes. big woodpeckers always amazed me how they don't get a massive headache. i did some research on it. it was pretty cool.
                        Kenf, I think that something that garish can only be for attracting members of the opposite sex. Speaking of which, here is an evocative picture

http://foto.mail.ru/mail/-etc-/su2/s-492.jpg

Comment

Whoa, there.

http://www.strangetravel.com/images/content/120863.jpg

Comment

it's a bomb, it's a bomb... (IT loks like g.w.bushy when he is standing near putin)
                            http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Comment

If you had a beak like this
                              Then my pecker would get a lot more attention.

Comment

Anybody have a Gas-X?

Comment

Working...
                                X