Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gosh, that picture made my heart pound! Those things EAT small animals that size!!
    - Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
      Thank you Wise. Thought I would share one I thought was beautiful too.

Raven
      Raven, thanks so much. Hug. Wise.

Here is a funny picture:
      http://www.tuxick.net/pics/humor/tn/...perts.jpg.html

Comment

Lake Louise, Alberta--one of my favorite places
        Last edited by orangejello; 22 Feb 2007, 1:51 AM.

Comment

This is North Twin Lake seen from the air, with nice reflections.
          (assuming I'm attaching the pic correctly)
          - Richard

Comment

I love the athletism and balance here. BTW, Dr. Young you have a good eye and good asthetic sense.
            My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Comment

Near by here. Prekestolen “The Preachers Pulpit or Pulpit Rock”. More pic’s here; http://home.online.no/~joeolavl/natur/prekestolen.htm a massive cliff some 600 meters above the Lysefjord. One gets a few butterflies in the stomach sitting with the legs outside the edge.

Comment

Bet you can't guess what these are.

http://www.deepseaimages.com/dsilibr...php?photo=9476

Comment

Call me weird, but I've always been partial to this.
                  ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Edwards
                    Call me weird, but I've always been partial to this.

I have loved that blue mushrooms picture since I first saw it in 2000 . It is frequently on my desktop. I am totally obsessed with Digital Blashphemy.

Leif that picture is totally spectacular! I am very disappointed I did not know about that place when I visited Norway about seven years ago. It would have been wonderful to have gone there and hung my legs over the edge

Comment

Another artist I enjoy, Julie Dillon.

...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by orangejello
                        Leif that picture is totally spectacular! I am very disappointed I did not know about that place when I visited Norway about seven years ago. It would have been wonderful to have gone there and hung my legs over the edge
                        Many people take the hike up there, especially during summertime, it is also quite easy to get there (well except in this chair without using a chopper that is). Oddly enough no one has fallen off the rock, given how crowded it can be there, I also remember when I was there one time a group of youngsters was sitting with their legs over the edge, while they was partying and drinking beer like the most natural thing to do
                        Where did you visit while you were here?

Nice pics everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Leif
                          Many people take the hike up there, especially during summertime, it is also quite easy to get there (well except in this chair without using a chopper that is). Oddly enough no one has fallen off the rock, given how crowded it can be there, I also remember when I was there one time a group of youngsters was sitting with their legs over the edge, while they was partying and drinking beer like the most natural thing to do
                          Where did you visit while you were here?
                          Sorry Leif I didn't see your question until now. I spent two weeks visiting a friend who at the time was living in Trondheim. Most of my time was spent in and around there, with us also taking a drawn out road trip up to Hammerfest, which I enjoyed very much. To my great regret I missed out on a boat trip to the North Cape because we left it until the last day and I ended up with food poisoning and couldn't go. But I was completely enchanted with northern Norway. I always planned to go back so I could see the south and eastern parts of the country, and also Oslo where I really only had less than one full day. But I never did
                          Last edited by orangejello; 3 Mar 2007, 4:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by orangejello
                            Sorry Leif I didn't see your question until now. I spent two weeks visiting a friend who at the time was living in Trondheim. Most of my time was spent in and around there, with us also taking a drawn out road trip up to Hammerfest, which I enjoyed very much. To my great regret I missed out on a boat trip to the North Cape because we left it until the last day and I ended up with food poisoning and couldn't go. But I was completely enchanted with northern Norway. I always planned to go back so I could see the south and eastern parts of the country, and also Oslo where I really only had less than one full day. But I never did
                            No problem Orangé, I just did see this right now lol, been away. Trondheim is an educational city with good universities among other things (they also “Trondheim and Trøndelag (county)” have a long history from that part making good moonshine, maybe the University community there is part of it, if so, don’t tell and who knows lol). Hammerfest, that’s quite up north, has not been there myself there on Finnmark at that part. Have not been on the north cape plateau either, but I might take a drive this summer, have many relatives and some good friends up north there I see too seldom, a road trip is not too bad, not too long a driving distance either, well everything relative, but I’ve been to Canada and US, there you go when it comes to distances. Well, where I live up to the cape it is ca. 240 metric miles compared to a trans-am trip say 800 metric miles. Still if one put those 240 metric miles to go south from here I will be down in southern Italy and Spain when it comes to road miles (metric). The south and eastern parts of Norway puh lol, you missed these parts I guess, like they say “the west is best” . As for the legs over the cliff as for the photo above, I’ll se if I can dig up the image of the youngsters partying. Photo above was not taking by me by the way, I have better ones.

Comment

This must present an awesome view of the grand Canyon.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...andcanyon.html

Raven
                              Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
                              but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
                                This must present an awesome view of the grand Canyon.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...andcanyon.html

Raven
                                I did see that project a time earlier, great construction indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X