Holiday Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff 'n KLD,
    Y'all mentioned THE essential ''sentimentl/traditional'' must see holiday movies. However,,,, lest we not forget;

GrayB,,,,,,'n ''Charlie Brown'' too,,,,

''March of the Wooden Soldiers''
    ''Rudolph the Red Nose,,,,''

From now till New Years, I'll catch ''Miracle'' 'n ''Wonderful'' a couple times in the midnight hours.

KLD,,,,,,,, Ditto being ''sentimental''; From Thanksgiving, Christmas, to NY's,,,,, I'm such a softee,,,,, .

B/good,,,,,Freej

Comment

Have to check out "Rent". Plus, I still watch "The Sound of Music" every year.

Comment

I don't go to the cinema,though I always find most of the movies on DVD or VCR. Last night I saw Flight Plan but It was disappointing I really was waiting for a movie like "Panic Room" and the plot wasn't believable at all. I also saw Red Eye and was good

I liked the New Batman, I also saw Charlie and the chocolate factory (Yummy Mr. Depp),Zathura was ok.

About Classical Movies for Christmas I love:

A Christmas Carol- George C. Scott was amazing at it.
        Scrooged- Bill Murray (this is a very good one)
        Elf- Will Ferrel- James Caan
        Christmas Lampoons- Chevy Chase is almost a must every year.
        Miracle on 34th Street-Richard (or David?) Attenborough's newer version.
        Family Man- Nicolas Cage
        and well there are more,though those are my favorites, also I like one that hasn't shown for years that is with Dudley Moore -don't even remember the name well but I think it's Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus .
        Wheels for Independence

Comment

I hope the Chronicles of Narnia movie(s?) turn out good, they certainly have a lot of potential. And as for Aeon Flux, I'm totally stoked that the complete animated collection is finally out on dvd as Aeon Flux is my all time favorite animated series. However I just can't imagine that the movie will do it any justice, I'm probably going to skip that one to save myself the disapointment and not blemish Aeon in my mind. I would like to see Walk the Line, that looks interesting.
          Last edited by Myc0; 11-25-2005, 11:38 PM.
          De Omnibus Dubitandum

Comment

Holiday Movies: Planes, Trains and Automobiles!
            The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
            --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
            ––Paul Nussbaum
            usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Rent

Went and saw Rent. Not as good as the play-the set was so cool for the play-but I still loved it. I'm kinda sappy that way though. If you don't approve of love stories for every possible gender combo, or like crying when the songs tug the old heartstrings, skip it. My 16 year old son went (bribery was required) and he didn't go play video games during the movie. This is my official movie review.

Sing along!

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes
              Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
              Moments So Dear
              Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes
              How Do you Measure - Measure A Year ?

In Daylights - In Sunsets
              In Midnights - In Cups Of Coffee
              In Inches - In Miles
              In Laughter - In Strife
              In - Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
              Six Hundred Minutes
              How Do You Measure
              A Year In The Life
              How About Love ?
              How About Love ?
              How About Love ?
              Measure In Love
              Seasons Of Love
              Seasons Of Love
              Six Hundred Minutes
              Journeys To Plan
              Six Hundred Minutes
              How Do You Measure The Life
              Of A Women Or A Man ?
              In Truths That She Learned
              Or In Times That He Cried
              In Bridges He Burned
              Or The Way That She Died
              It's Time Now - To Sing out
              Tho` The Story Never Ends
              Let's Celebrate
              Remember A Year In The Life of Friends

Blog:
              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

I liked that song. Does that make me weird?
                Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by november
                  I liked that song. Does that make me weird?
                  I like it too. So... maybe?

Thanks for the review, Beth.
                  ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

That doesn't make you weird Nov, but Steven, it does make you gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

I can't tell you how psyched I am to see "The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe". I just started re-reading the book too.

PN, "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" is classic!

But I have to say "A Christmas Story" is my favorite holiday movie. "You'll shoot your eye out, kid."

"Christmas Vacation" rocks too, though. "It's a titty bit nipply out there tonight."

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion
                        That doesn't make you weird Nov, but Steven, it does make you gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
                        ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

The Santa Clause

The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                          --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Bump.
                            --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                            usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Holiday Movies 2010

Hi "PN"
                              In response to your "BUMP."

We are looking forward to:
                              The King's Speech with Colin Firth and Helena Bonham Carter
                              Burlesque (releases Nov. 24) with Cher and Christina Augilera
                              Love and Other Drugs (releases Nov 24) with Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway
                              Black Swan (releases Dec 3) with Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis
                              Rabbit Hole (releases Dec 17) with Nicole Kidman, Aaron Eckhart, Sandra Oh and Dianne Weist
                              How Do You Know (releases Dec 17) with Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Paul Rudd and Jack Nicholson
                              True Grit (releases Dec 22) with Jeff Bridges, Mat Damon, Josh Brolin, and Hailee Steinfeld
                              Gulliver's Travels (releases Dec 22) with Jack Black, Jason Segal and Emily Blunt
                              The Tempest (releases Dec 10) with Helen Mirren

Not sure about seeing:
                              Tron Legacy (releases Dec 17) with Garrett Hedlund, Jeff Bridges, and Olivia Wilde
                              Blue Valentine (releases Dec 31) with Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams
                              The Fighter with Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, and Miguel Espino

Releasing this weekend:
                              The Next Three Days
                              Genius Within: The Inner Life of Glenn Gould (Canadian piano virtuoso)
                              Today's Special
                              Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer (has gotten some decent reviews, but I don't know if it is worth the time or the effort to watch this idiot self-destruct with high priced call girls)

Looks like a fun Holiday movie season, but we will probably wait for many of them to view on Netflix. We are not great fans of (wheelchair "accommodation") 5th row from the front stadium seating available at most theaters in our area.

All the best,
                              GJ

Comment

Working...
                              X