Movie Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Quotes

Post your favorite movie quotes. Here are a few off the top of my head. I'll post more later...or not. One can never tell...

Way to stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip.
    "Napoleon Dynamite"

I know it hurts. But it's life, and it's real. And sometimes it fucking hurts, but it's life, and it's pretty much all we got.
    "Garden State"

I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen.
    "Say Anything"

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
    "Shawshank Redemption"

You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    "Princess Bride"

Go ahead. Skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.-Tomstone

Woodrow Call: What do you want legs for anyway? You don't like to do nothing but sit on the porch and drinks whiskey!
    Gus McCrae: I like to kick a pig every once in a while. How would I do that?-Lonesome Dove
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

Comment

A Few Good Men

I want the truth. - Tom Cruise
      you can't handle the truth. - Jack Nicholson

Godfather III

Everytime I try to leave, they pull me back in.- Al Pachino

Comment

"Badges!? We ain't got no badges. "

"The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" with Humphrey Bogart.

Mexican bandit leader (Gold Hat, played by Alfonso Bedoya) is trying to convince Fred C. Dobbs (played by Bogart) and company that they are the Federales.

Dobbs: "If you're the police, where are your badges?"
        Gold Hat: "Badges!? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!!"

Comment

Just a few I can think of from the top of my head

"Mr. Anderson, welcome back. We've missed you. Like what I've done with the place." Matrix Revolutions

"I feel the need, the need, for speed." Top Gun

"Say hello to my little friend!" Scarface
          C3-C4 complete quad
          since 1/2004
          "I don't fear death, only the method of dying"

Comment

"Hey, you had a tent!?" - Spies Like Us

"What kind of shit is this?"
            "It's the best man, I got it from a negro!."
            - Caddyshack

"I only came here to do two things,
            kick some ass and drink some beer,
            we're almost out of beer."
            - Dazed and Confused

"The Guys at the Jewish
            house said we got all our answers
            wrong." - Animal House

Joe
            And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

"You only find a once in a lifetime buddy...once in a lifetime." -The Little Rascals

"I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life, the way I feel when I'm with you." -Dirty Dancing

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." -Wizard of Oz (Had to throw that one in there.

"Cheerleaders are dancers gone retarded." -Bring It On

"She wrote me a 'dear-john' letter... something about me not listening enough, I don't know... I wasn't really paying attention." -Dumb & Dumber
              If there is light
              it will find
              you

--Charles Bukowski

Comment

Agent Smith rocks! I love his delivery, the way he talks. So... logical. He's my second favourite villian, next to...

'No! I... am your Father!' <insert mechanical breathing here>

'A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man' -Vito Corleone

'Charlie Don't Surf!' -Captain Kilgore, Apocolypse Now

Wait a sec... I've used these all as sigs already. Um... carry on...

Oh! Wait! Here's a good one.

'It's when you start to become really afraid of death that you learn to appreciate life. Do you like life, sweetheart?'
                'Yes...'
                'That's good, because I take no pleasure in taking life if it's from a person who doesn't care about it.' -Detective Stansfield, Leon
                www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

So many from The Matrix. These 3 movies are so deep with meaning, philosophy and really make you think. Here are just a few:

Choi: Hallelujah. You're my savior, man. My own personal Jesus Christ.
                  Neo: If you get caught using that...
                  Choi: I know. This never happened. You don't exist.
                  Neo: Right.
                  ---

Morpheus: It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
                  ---

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?
                  ---

Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?
                  ---

Morpheus: Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.
                  ---

Morpheus: You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.
                  ---

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
                  ---

Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
                  Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.
                  ---

-There is no spoon.

Comment

Theres just to many list,but the first that jump to mind are....''All men die,not all men truly live'' from Braveheart and from the movie Snatch..''Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this instance by an 'orrible c**t... me!''
                    Last edited by Shaun; 08-29-2005, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Aladdin
                      Genie: But oh, to be free. Not to have to go "Poof! Whaddaya need," "Poof! Whaddaya need," "Poof! Whaddaya need?". To be my own master. Such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world.

Genie: I'm history. No, I'm mythology. Ah, I don't care what I am, I'm free!

Aladdin: Princess Jasmine, you're very...
                      Genie: Wonderful! Magnificent! Glorious!... Punctual!
                      Aladdin: Punctual!
                      Princess Jasmine: Punctual?
                      Genie: Sorry.
                      Aladdin: Uh... uh... beautiful!
                      Genie: Nice recovery.

The Lion King
                      Mufasa: Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars, the great kings of the past are up there, watching over us.
                      Young Simba: Really?
                      Mufasa: Yes. So whenever you feel alone just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you and so will I.

Mufasa: Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.
                      Young Simba: But dad, don't we eat the antelope?
                      Mufasa: Yes, Simba, but let me explain. When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so we are all connnected in the great Circle of Life.

The Shawshank Redemption
                      Andy: That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you.
                      ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.
                        "Secondhand Lions"

I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and tanks. I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, killed many men and loved only one woman with a passion a flea like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. Now, go home, boy!
                        "Secondhand Lions"

Comment

ok i may get w word or two wrong, i'm feverish.

'' Your best? Loosers are always whining about their best, winners get to go home and f**k the prom queen.'' Sean Connery - THE ROCK

''My compliment to you is........... I started taking the pills'' Jack Nicolson - AS GOOD AS IT GETS

and MY favorite princess bride scene...... while running into the fire swamp........

Buttercup - ''we'll never survive!''
                          Wesly - ''Nonsense, you're only saying that because no one ever has.''
                          Death and taxes

Comment

"That's right, Mr. Martini, There is an Easter Bunny"

"Is that crazy enough for ya, want me to shit on the floor?"

Need I say, Jack, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest The greatest movie of all time.

Comment

I crashed my van into Jesus! - Saved

First the spanking and then... the oral sex. - Search for the Holy Grail

[after being strip-searched]
                              Fenster: Man, I had a finger up my asshole tonight.
                              Hockney: Is it Friday already?

-Usual Suspects

Honey, I'm so proud of you. I watched you very closely, and you didn't screw up once! - American Beauty

Deviating from the comedies, this last one isn't funny, just true.

Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it. - American History X
                              --------------------
                              "On November 2 the voice of the people was heard. I promise not to imitate it out of respect for the mentally retarded" - Lewis Black (Comedian)

Comment

Working...
                              X