No announcement yet.

Favorite movie of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a good, but not so well known movie to rent if you can find it. It's called The Boondock Saints. Good movie. I don't think it ever went to theater, it went straight to VHS/DVD.

A friend of mine saw it and told me to rent it, but I couldn't find it at any of the big movie rental places. I ended up finding it at a little mom & pop video rental place when I was in school before my SCI and rented it.

That was a few years ago. I just happened to find it on DVD at Blockbuster the other day and bought it.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
    Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Comment

Shawshank was great - Chick, can we go to the movies together to watch Shawshank and buy some ice creams and do some licking and get our fingers sticky?

that one with an artificial life with the guy Carrie is that his name? that was good - like Groundhog Day

A Matter Of Life And Death is one of the best films ever

The Men, Marlon Brando's firtst film was good - quite realistic too

[This message was edited by Chris2 on 06-13-04 at 10:18 PM.]

Comment

quote Martha2 "Johnny Depp maybe? That harnassed intensity and passion? Those penetrating dark brown eyes?

Wonder if Richard Gere could pull it off. Hmmm"

Don't like the sound of that - what sort of films do you go to?

Comment

LOL Obviously not many Chris. However I just saw Shrek 2 tonight for second time--this time w/my children. Might give you an idea of what I've been watching. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The book and movie To Kill a Mockingbird had a profound effect on me as a child and young adult. I looked and acted just like Scout when I was her age. Boo Radley and Bob Ewell scared the daylights out of me. But the awesome character of Atticus, the single father, grieving widower, and protector of justice no matter one's color, impressed me more than anything. Honestly, can't think of anyone worthy to play that role other than Gregory Peck, but the actors I mentioned were the first to come to mind.

Has anyone seen the new Stepford Wives? It's a comedy this time? I read the book in high school--another one that impressed me about the roles of women. Anyone care to comment who's seen new movie and read book?

Comment

I saw the preview for "The Stepford Wives" remake last weekend and they practically gave away the entire plot. [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Tremors is the scariest non-human antagonist movie that I've seen.

When I was 8. Scared shitless, so I was. Would only walk on concrete for about six months. [img]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

I love Shawshank Redemption, every time they show it on TV I have to watch it. I don't know why, I just do. For the longest time I'd never seen the whole movie all the way through from begenning to end. I was always coming in in the middle, or having to go somewhere before I got to the end.

Tremors is another movie I have to watch when they show it on TV. My mom hates it, but she has to watch it too. It's a cheezy movie, but in a good way. I can't believe they made two sequels and a TV seriese out of it.

_____
              Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
              Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Comment

[This message was edited by chasb on 06-14-04 at 01:07 AM.]

Comment

Originally posted by chasb:

in no particular order:

Theif
                  Casablanca
                  The Verdict
                  Brians Song
                  In the Heat of the Night
                  Once Upon a Time in America
                  The Deer Hunter
                  Jaws
                  The Organization
                  Blues Brothers
                  Godfather (part 1)

Comment

Does anyone remember the movie Slaughterhouse Five, based on novel by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.? There was a group of us about 20 years ago who'd watch that movie together repeatedly. The book was awesome too. Great Vonnegut work.

Comment

I agree with Martha... To Kill a Mockingbird, Legends of the Fall and Doctor Zhivago.

Atticus showed me how good a man could be on so many levels.

Rusty
                      www.rustyreeves.com

Comment

Originally posted by martha2:

Honestly, can't think of anyone worthy to play that role other than Gregory Peck, but the actors I mentioned were the first to come to mind.=
                        A now mature Robert Redford would be good as Atticus.
                        www.rustyreeves.com

Comment

Rusty, I'd have to think about that one a little while. I'm fixated on Gregory Peck. No kidding, I've watched that movie at least 100 times. I can recite the dialogue almost verbatim. Sick, I know.

Better qualified souls will have to make that decision--if it ever happens. Doesn't mean I'll like it though.

Cool scene: The rabid dog. The sheriff seeks out Atticus and hands him the rifle. His son yells, "Sheriff, he cain't shoot!"

When he removes his glasses, aims the site, and pow! "Boy, didn't you know your daddy's the best shot in the county?"

Of course he didn't know. Atticus ... what a humble giant of a man. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Upcoming movie
                            Garden State: Zach Braff...genius. Natalie Portman...gorgeous. [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] The soundtrack for this movie is going to be amazing! (The Shins 'new slang') Anyways, here's the trailer

Comment

Has anyone seen The Terminal with Tom Hanks? What did you think about it?

Such a fascinating story, but Hanks stole the show. I wonder if he'll get another Oscar nomination.

Took a while for the story to unfold. I went not knowing what to expect. Turned out to be a real treat. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Saw Terminal as a sneak 2 weeks ago and really loved it. I have a weakness for Tom Hanks (I have even seen Joe and the Volcano TWICE!!!!), and although I am not a big Catherine Zeta-Jones fan, I liked her in this. Stanley Tucci, as always, was great too.

(KLD)
                                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                                X