No announcement yet.

Academy Awards this Sunday, April 25, 2021, hopeful for Crip Camp documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy Awards this Sunday, April 25, 2021, hopeful for Crip Camp documentary

Crip Camp, the documentary about a group of disabled teenage campers who later sparked the disabled civil rights movement in the 1970's, is one of five nominees for Academy Award in the documentary category. It's streaming on Netflix and the other four nominees are also. Having seen all five I really believe Crip Camp has a chance to win. I played a tiny part in some of those demonstrations for passage of legislation for equal rights which led later to the ADA.
    Some of the folks in the documentary are still activists who are now in their 60's and 70's. I'm so proud of what they have done.

Yes, that was a moving documentary! It deserves recognition.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Comment

Sorry that Crip Camp did not win tonight, but I must say that the winner, My Octopus Teacher, was one of the best films I saw in 2020.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
      X