Rising Phoenix Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rising Phoenix Movie

Just started streaming on Netflix yesterday, a documentary about the Paralympic movement. It follows maybe 10 disabled athletes, really good section on Tatyana McFadden - paraplegic wheelchair racer, a wheelchair fencer with no hands, an archer with no arms, a sprinter with special prosthetics whose legs were cut off at age 3 by a terrorist with a machete. Every story is well told and the viewer sees that the athletes have all had tremendously difficult struggles to achieve amazing things. Bring your tissues.

https://www.netflix.com/search?q=ris...x&jbv=81122408

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Watched it last night. I thought it was very good. I didn't know about the Rio funding debacle until I watched it. That could have turned out really bad.

Comment

Great film and so professionally done! As one newspaper review indicated 'all the bodies are different' in the Paralympics, in contrast to the non-disabled Olympics in which they all look the same.

Comment

Working...
        X