• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trevor Noah’s thoughts:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/j2s3pb...n--the-upside-

Comment

The Upside

I have not seen this movie. It has some big names in it.

People are often moved by the SCI lifestyle, told in many different ways. Each time revealing another piece of our lifestyle.

It seems like every 2-3 years, the SCI theme re-emerges on the big screen.

I'm not sure what to make of it. Is it just curiosity from the general public that makes them want to keep paying money to see these movies?

Comment

From Box Office Mojo: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4475

Outperforming expectations, STXFilms's The Upside debuted atop the weekend box office, upsetting Aquaman's bid for a fourth straight weekend at #1. That said, Aquaman isn't exactly focused on its runner-up position domestically as the film is now the first in the DC Extended Universe to top $1 billion at the global box office. As for the rest of the week's new wide releases, Sony's A Dog's Way Home delivered on studio expectations while Entertainment Studios's sci-fi thriller Replicas failed to place within the weekend top ten.

With an estimated $19.59 million, STXFilms's The Upside topped the weekend box office, dramatically outperforming expectations heading into the weekend. The remake of the popular French film The Intouchables, The Upside stars Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston, and while the reviews were mixed heading into the weekend, opening day audiences seemed to enjoy themselves, giving the film an "A" CinemaScore, which bodes well for the film's future.

The Upside
        's opening audience was 59% female with 74% of the overall audience coming in aged 25 years or older. The film was originally rated R, but upon acquiring the the film following the Weinstein Co.'s bankruptcy settlement, STX and Lantern Entertainment worked with director Neil Burger and the film's producers to recut the movie to a PG-13, making it more accessible to a broader audience. The move paid off and gave STX its first #1 debut ever.

Comment

The Upside made a a lot more revenue than the Callahan movie, whose long title might hurt its box office draw. Callahan (Don't Worry He Won't Get Far on Foot) got creamed by critics, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
            Meh. I enjoy film for great acting, cinematography, and narrative. It's all make believe. No one is entitled to be cast in a film. I'm really looking forward to Cranston's performance. How well an actor nails their performance of a disability is what counts to me, not whether they resemble their role in real life.
            I think they should cast honest-to-goodness crooks as, well, crooks!
            T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
              Rob Brown, would have been a better choice than Kevin Hart.
              I will never watch another movie by either of these assholes. At 1:45 is that supposed to be funny. That's the point when I exited the theater. Trash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sge-AzPU4LU
              Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
              Bob Seger

Comment

Working...
              X