Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Movie left you....

Traumatized as a kid..

For me was TEXAS CHAINSAW and i was a teenager !!!!!

"Psycho" for me!

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
      "Psycho" for me!

(KLD)
      OMG for sure the shower ....forgot that one.....................

Comment

Friday the 13th. I was 10yrs old ... far too young. lol
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

When he jumped out of the water at the end, omg.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            When he jumped out of the water at the end, omg.
            I know! Slumber party .. a bunch of us gals on the couch with the blanket pulled up to our eyes. My mother jumps in the room with a butcher knife and scares the hell out of all of us. They still mention it all these years later. LOL
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Comment

Probably the one I was injured on while doubling William Shatner. I was told by a Psychic card reader not to fall/jump off anything for the next two weeks. Was injured ten days later doing a stunt requiring I jump a sand dune and all foff the bike. Guess I should have listened to her.

As a kid, The Haunting and House on Haunted Hill scared the begeesus out of me.

Comment

It shocks me that stunt people are still getting injured and even killed today ... I think The Walking Dead suffered a death this season.

Don't laugh but I used to watch The Vampire Diaries and a female stunt person from that show working on a movie was killed on train tracks

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/hor...ember-26612422

I hope the insurance adjusts with inflation!!!

Comment

Jaws

I would say Jaws.

Ti
                  "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

Not a kid when this movie came out, but Kathy Bates in Misery, written by Stephen King is s traumtizer!

But, if I had to go back to when I was a kid..............eons ago...........it would be The Creature from the Black Lagoon!
                    Last edited by gjnl; 21 Jan 2018, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Both good ones. Candyman scared me too. I'm a huge fan of scary movies.

Comment

Another movie scene that really freaks me out is the one in the Untouchables where Driss pours hot water or hot tea onto Philippes leg, and is incredulous that Philippe, a quadriplegic can't feel it!!!! Yowwy!!! Yikes!!!

But, as above, going back to a kid...The Creature from the Black Lagoon...hands down! A couple of my buddies and I rode our bikes to the theatre in Cedar Falls to see this movie. I think all of us spent most of the movie trying not to get bubble gum in our hair because we were hiding under the theatre seats!
                        Last edited by gjnl; 21 Jan 2018, 12:45 AM.

Comment

I totally agree with gjnl, Creature from the black lagoon. He was so scary.
                          I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtop1 View Post
                            I totally agree with gjnl, Creature from the black lagoon. He was so scary.
                            Especially when you were 10 years old and it is the 1950s...pre the content of today's computer games!
                            Last edited by gjnl; 21 Jan 2018, 2:21 PM.

Comment

I was an adult when in saw "The Exorcist" and thought it was kind of scary because it was based on an actual event.

When I was 6 or 7 years old my older brother was watching a Frankenstein movie and the monster frightened me. My Dad explained to me that it was 'make believe' and just actors playing parts and made me watch the credits at the end of the movie.

I watched many horror movies as a child and teenager, found some scary but none I would call traumatizing.

I've mentioned in other posts that pre-sci I was a police officer and was a crime scene investigator for two years. That experience made realize that the most frightening things in the world are other people.

Comment

Working...
                              X