"Mom" TV Show from 4/14/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mom" TV Show from 4/14/16

They cast William Fichtner as Adam...would have preferred to have an actor who is actually a wheelchair user, but I still liked this episode:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/mom/video/l...d-a-glass-eye/

Looks like it might be a recurring role.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Being injured while working as a stuntman, as he was in the plot, it was too close to "home" for me. I couldn't watch it and waited for the wife to finish watching before I came back in the room. I made up an excuse why I had to leave but I think she realized it hit me hard. Still thinking about it. Man I don't know why it hit me like this. I hadn't really thought about the ramifications of the injury and the loss of my career for years and years.

Was pretty cheesy the used an a/b for the role.

Comment

Are there any paraplegic actors with the necessary talent to play the part? It would be great to have a real para playing the part, but these shows have a tight filming schedule. If you're trying to meet a deadline you need veteran actors. Hopefully they would at least use a para for a consultant.

Comment

Anyone watch Mom and seen William Fichtner playing a paralyzed guy?

Pretty funny so far I thought.... nice to see the guy in the chair not to be shown as a sympathy character but just a normal person

The talk about sex was hilarious imho

Comment

'Mom' is the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            'Mom' is the show?
            Yes he was in the last 3 episodes and will be for a few more at least I assume
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2660806/

clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWaER1s0pJM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMEbNin6r40

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
              Being injured while working as a stuntman, as he was in the plot, it was too close to "home" for me. I couldn't watch it and waited for the wife to finish watching before I came back in the room. I made up an excuse why I had to leave but I think she realized it hit me hard. Still thinking about it. Man I don't know why it hit me like this. I hadn't really thought about the ramifications of the injury and the loss of my career for years and years.

Was pretty cheesy the used an a/b for the role.
              They picked a well known role actor.... and he's playing it pretty well... would you rather an unknown and the character gets cut due to no connection to the public?

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Why would the character get cut because he's unknown? Are you suggesting because an actor is actually in a chair he's doesn't have the talent to act? Your assumption sounds like the early days where production would use a white man in black face rather than an actual black actor.

I have little doubt the actor is good. His circumstances are just too close to home and brings out a visceral reaction in me. It may have been different if he had been in war or a car accident. I find nothing funny about anyone in the film industry getting injured or killed on the job and it happens quite often.
                  Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 04-22-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Loved the line "Do you mind if I drink? No! Do you mind if I walk? No! I prefer you to lead I like the view from back there." Haha That and "So? His thong aint paralyzed!" haha. I have liked it so far also.

Comment

No, ratings are driven by celebs people know and relate to. An unknown face is not going to drive viewership like a known one.

Comment

I'm not going to get in a pissin' contest with you. The industry is blatantly discriminatory; in front of the camera and behind. I know and have seen it done to others first hand. It's just the way it is. It always has been and always will be.

Your analogy is the same excuse used by other professions to bar those disabled but otherwise capable individuals from reaching their full potential; profit and image.

I like "Mom". It is funny. The character is just too close to my life, including the partying the person did after his injury; Period. Trustfully, after the initial shock of seeing the character,I've let it go and can watch it with no emotional ties associated to the past.

I agree, it is about ratings. Using an a/b actor,well known or not, also allows them to use lines that may be construed as uncomfortable,by the viewers, if said towards an actual disabled actor. It is good they are portraying the disabled for sure; perhaps it'll bring awareness to production to hiring those with challenges in future gigs.

Comment

not every hiring choice is a knock on a minority

Comment

Working...
                          X