Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What movie can you watch over and over? And why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What movie can you watch over and over? And why?

One movie that I watch over and over, without ever tiring of it, is "Searching for Bobby Fischer".

I love movies with nice endings. I love movies about geniuses because I always wished I were one. I love movies where good is good and bad is bad.

What movie can you watch over and over? Why?
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

I have probably watched "Harold and Maude" at least 20 times. Such a sweet but wicked film. Love it!

I always watch "It's a Wonderful Life" at least twice over the holidays. I'm a sucker for Jimmy Stewart!

I know I have seen GWTW at least 10 times too.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

For my wife its You've got mail.... I really like Frequency...

Comment

"A Christmas Story"...and recently, I've been stuck on "Pitch Perfect".

Comment

I've watched the Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, and Before Midnight trilogy more times than I can count. (Sunrise being my favorite) I've seen Across The Universe more than 25 times. There are more movies that I've seen a dozen plus times, but these stick out the most.

Comment

It's a Wonderful Life during the holidays and Grease anytime.

Comment

Dude Where's My Car. I think I have watched it 100 times.

Comment

I've yet to tire of watching the Harry Potter movies. Although, with 4 kids between 19 and 8 years old I've watched more movies than I can count more times than I can count! For Just me (whatever the kids are OCD'ing at the moment not withstanding) Serenity, and the Firefly series in general, have been worn out and re-bought twice! Recently I've atched Joss Whedon's cut of Much Ado About Nothing a half dozen times. Although, the most watched movie of all my 43 years has to be either The Wall or Empire Strikes Back.
                "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

1. Any of the Bourne trilogy but especially Bourne Identity for that scene where he rides the corpse down a huge staircase.
                  2. Ghostbusters for "Human sacrifice ! Dogs and cats, living together ! Mass hysteria !"

Comment

Battle Royale (similar idea but much better imo than Hunger Games), Idiocracy, any Star Trek movie, any Star Wars movie (though I prefer the older three), Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones movies, One flew over the cuckoo's nest, Sucker Punch. Those are the ones I keep going back to if I can't find anything 'new' (as in I haven't seen yet).
                    For the why, the further from anything resembling reality the better.
                    There's always something magic, there's always something true. And when you really, really need it the most, that's when rock 'n roll dreams come true. Meat Loaf

Comment

Dances with Wolves. Reason why, the era of time. I've always had interests in the homestead lifestyle.

Comment

Fargo.
                        For me, the world's most perfect film, thus far. The casting, the acting, the story, the script, the editing (know only a little about this), the music, the cinematography. There's humor, suspense, love and devotion, vulnerability, total evil, resolution.
                        Have watched it several times and never bored.

Comment

I cancelled my cable television right after the NBA finals wrapped up in the early summer, been surviving off Netflix solely. So there's definitely a few I've watched multiple times.

Hunt for Red October - sooo damn good. I wish all the Jack Ryan movies were this good. Saw this twice in theatre as a kid and have watched it probably 100 times
                          Forrest Gump - still gets to me everytime
                          Hoffa (no longer on Netflix Canada, Nicholson's best imho)
                          Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (LeCarre novel, so well done, Oldman is incredible)
                          Fargo (as triumph said above)
                          Inside Llewyn Davis (another Coen bros.)
                          Sleepy Hollow
                          Secret Window (another Johnny Depp based on Stephen King short)
                          Untouchables
                          Catch Me if You Can (Christopher Walken's "2 little mice" kills me)

honourable mention: Croupier - Clive Owen is fantastic

not a movie but strong contender: Hinterland (Y Gwyll) - a Welsh series; movie-length episodes, Richard Harrington so fucking amazing

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                            Dude Where's My Car. I think I have watched it 100 times.
                            And thennn....and thennnn....and dennnn!

I could watch Hitman over and over. Olga Kurylenko and lots of guns? Yes please.

I can also recite The Princess Bride in its entirety, scene for scene.

Comment

Tommy Boy well over 100 times.
                              Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
                              Bob Seger

Comment

Working...
                              X