No announcement yet.

Push Girls: Season 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't these girls ever empty their leg bags? That's reality. Show the AB what it's really like to be SCI.
    Just another tricky day. C5/6 incomplete, 43 years out.

You'll get through.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Paul View Post
      Don't these girls ever empty their leg bags? That's reality. Show the AB what it's really like to be SCI.
      I remember watching Gunsmoke when I was a kid and asking my folks "Does Marshall Dillon ever go to the bathroom?"

I actually hoping that at some point this show would at least touch on the ADLs that SCIs deal with, and in the last episode they did, if only momentarily.
      I have mixed feelings about the show. it's a bit voyeuristic, and I keep flashing that there's some perv getting (or her) his jollies tuning in.
      Last edited by gimpanzee; 06-18-2013, 06:41 PM. Reason: added thought

Comment

Seriously it's already a devo's delight with all that Angela shows.

I highly doubt the paras use leg bags.
        Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Originally posted by leschinsky View Post
          Seriously it's already a devo's delight with all that Angela shows.

I highly doubt the paras use leg bags.
          And they have mentioned cathing a number of times, what more do you want, to see there bowel program? That would sure make for a shitty show. LOL
          T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Originally posted by flying View Post
            And they have mentioned cathing a number of times, what more do you want, to see there bowel program? That would sure make for a shitty show. LOL

Ditto. I don't want to see any of that shit. Bladder and bowel are private matters. I don't want to hear them complaining about their life in a WC either. I don't want the AB's to empathize with any of that. I would rather see them learn to treat us as normal people rather than the little short person that you pat on the head and say stupid shit to. I want to see them living life and showing how they do it. I dig the show.
            DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by offroaderswife View Post
              Ditto. I don't want to see any of that shit. Bladder and bowel are private matters. I don't want to hear them complaining about their life in a WC either. I don't want the AB's to empathize with any of that. I would rather see them learn to treat us as normal people rather than the little short person that you pat on the head and say stupid shit to. I want to see them living life and showing how they do it. I dig the show.
              I like the show too. This season to me seems to better than last year's season. I hope it gets renewed for next year too.
              A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Paul View Post
                not everyone uses leg bags. but the show has shown people cathing and talking about that. i like that they dont mainly focus on that and show them living their lives, which is what it should be.
                "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

OK, I agree on that. The show is not meant to be that clinical. It's entertainment TV and they can make it as real as they like. I'll keep watching it, l like the girls. I'm not a perv.
                  Just another tricky day. C5/6 incomplete, 43 years out.

You'll get through.

Comment

I like that it's about their lives, and they just happen to be in wheelchairs. It's not a documentary about SCI.
                    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

exactly. great episode. this show is about LIVING.
                      Bike-on.com rep
                      John@bike-on.com
                      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Can't find anything about another season of Push Girls. Anyone heard anything?? Sure hope it will be renewed.

(KLD)
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                        X