Intouchables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intouchables

Holy frick. Awesome. Funny, poignant, honest, hopeful. Saw it with my rowdy wheeler friends and a theatre full of blue-hairs. No joke, the median age in the theatre was about 85. It's showing at a small art theatre here in town. I am thrilled to see the joint was packed; a LOT of lessons inside the entertainment.

We were laughing at some inside been-there-done-that-----twice gimp humor to the point of crying, I mean HOWLING -- It was hilarious -- couple of seniors turned around to scold us for being inappropriate, they were only seeing the serious -- then these folks saw the line of chairs and tucked tail and sat back down. Culture shock. It was as good as the movie.

Find it near you, wait for NetFlix, torrent, whatever.... absolutely See. It.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olhg1suvE60
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

It looks like one I could enjoy. I like that it seems some real.
    Thank you for recommending it.

Comment

It's based on a true story Jody. Also forgot to mention it's in French with English subtitles. You don't even notice.

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Comment

/forum/showpost.php?p=1538352&postcount=922

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

KLD, I too thought his "panic attacks" were more like AD. Especially later when he describes the feeling. Sounds a lot like AD the way that I and Lynnifer and some others experience is at autonomic hypothermia. I found this to be an overall honest and accurate film.

Comment

I wonder if this would be a good date movie? I've read about this movie in another thread awhile back, and it looks really funny and interesting. The black guy is really easy on the eyes too.
            A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

yes, and not hard to look at too.

Comment

i sooo want to see this film!!! and yes mmm cute french black guy!
                "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

The "cute french black guy" is Omar Sy, originally born in Senegal. He won the César Award (like the French Oscar) for Best Actor in 2011 for this performance. The film is the second highest grosses film in French history now. An American remake is already in the works.

The other main character is played by well-know French actor François Cluzet.

(KLD)
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Great I am sure the american remake with have Leonardo Di Caprio and Chris Rock and they will be fighting crime or something.

Comment

Omar Sy is delightful man candy... and he spends enough time with his shirt off to make it fun. François Cluzet I've also seenbefore. To act only with your face and breath is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by JenJen View Post
                        Omar Sy is delightful man candy... and he spends enough time with his shirt off to make it fun. François Cluzet I've also seenbefore. To act only with your face and breath is amazing.
                        Jen, you're such a guy.
                        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                          Jen, you're such a guy.
                          Thank you Stephen for noticing!

Comment

I love this movie - "where can you find a tetraplegic? Where you left him" lol that had me in hysterics!
                            The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

Comment

and his doppelganger is a pretty good basketball player.
                              Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Working...
                              X