Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singer Whitney Houston dead at 48

http://www.wfaa.com/news/national/Si...139163704.html
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

What a shock.. only 48 years old. I thought she was quite the hottie in the movie, The Bodyguard. When I think of her I always hear her version of, I Will Always Love You, from that movie.

Comment

wow, what a shame, sad to hear the news
      We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
      Ronald Reagan

Comment

Jesus, I hope she wasn't waiting to exhale.

Comment

Drugs?
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

When we got home an hour ago it was on the news that she was dead. they showed the same 6 pictures over and over.
            All the speculation of "drugs and decline". A caller who barely knew her breathlessly talked about a quick interview 5 years ago and to look at the picture on his blog.
            It was like they were picking her bones like vultures.
            Sometimes 48 year old women have heart attacks-it is not always something sensational.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
              When we got home an hour ago it was on the news that she was dead. they showed the same 6 pictures over and over.
              All the speculation of "drugs and decline". A caller who barely knew her breathlessly talked about a quick interview 5 years ago and to look at the picture on his blog.
              It was like they were picking her bones like vultures.
              Sometimes 48 year old women have heart attacks-it is not always something sensational.
              Yes, Linda you are right, but with Whitney Houston is was always something, poor choice in men, drugs, poor choice in men, drugs and so on. In her youthful beginning, she was an incredible talent, in her decline, she just didn't get it or seem to care. Personally, I think her screaming, out of control rendition of I Will Always Love You, from the movie The Bodyguard was the beginning of her end. May she rest in a peace that she didn't find in her lifetime.

GJ

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                Yes, Linda you are right, but with Whitney Houston is was always something, poor choice in men, drugs, poor choice in men, drugs and so on. In her youthful beginning, she was an incredible talent, in her decline, she just didn't get it or seem to care. Personally, I think her screaming, out of control rendition of I Will Always Love You, from the movie The Bodyguard was the beginning of her end. May she rest in a peace that she didn't find in her lifetime.

GJ
                I think you summed it up.

I don't think she could see her own true self worth because she was busy desiring others to deem her worthy and in their eyes she was never worthy.

I was her biggest fan back in the day...she had a beautiful voice and body

May she rest in peace and I hope she truly is dancing with somebody who loves her
                T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I am so sad... MSNBC cancelled a new Lockup because of it.

Comment

An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

I wonder if Dionne Warwick had any warning...
                      An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post

GJ
                        screaming? do you also find this screaming?

oh, wait a min, you mean in her last failed concert tour, i guess?
                        Last edited by Obieone; 12 Feb 2012, 9:56 AM. Reason: Embedded for Cass :)

Comment

"Houston, we have a problem..."

Too soon?
                          And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by feisty View Post
                            I wonder if Dionne Warwick had any warning...

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
                              "Houston, we have a problem..."

Not anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X