No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead: Season 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Walking Dead is a great series...I love it.

Here's a zombie question for the forum. If a person who has a spinal cord injury and is parayzed is infected and becomes a zombie, does he/she start walking now that he/she is a zombie??

I say yes...a person with SCI definitely walks after being infected. They would literally become one of the walking dead...haha. I need to become a zombie.
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

LOL @ Kyle You would give up fruit and veggies for a pound of flesh?

Awesome chick .. now I have to go back and watch those episodes again! lol

EDIT: We never did find out what that scientist at the CDC whispered to Rick, did we?
      Last edited by lynnifer; 14 Mar 2012, 8:13 AM.
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
        EDIT: We never did find out what that scientist at the CDC whispered to Rick, did we?
        Ooh, forgot about that.

Comment

And my 1000th question on this is, "Why is no one buying gun silencers!?!"

Surely such things are available in the US in a gun store .. or are these considered illegal? #no idea as I live in Canada
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Comment

I don't believe silencers are all that prevalent.
            What I don't understand is why folks don't gear up. I mean.. stick on a helmet, gloves etc. You could very well go medieval on them and be very well protected.
            Even a simple leather jacket would offer better protection than short sleeves.
            Break out ye old mace and chain, swords.. morning stars..
            Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Comment

Surely such things are available in the US in a gun store .. or are these considered illegal? #no idea as I live in Canada
              Silencers are legal in all but 15 states and D.C. but you must purchase them from a class three dealer, so they're not readily available. If you know what you're doing you can build your own, something that I think Rick would know, but they only suppress the sound down to a certain point. Also if you're shooting ammo that travels above supersonic speeds then a silencer serves no purpose because the bullet makes as much noise as the gunshot itself. I would find myself a good semi-auto .22 caliber rifle with a 50 round drum magazine and attach a scope and a laser sight, build a homemade silencer (they're pretty easy to make) and start dropping Walkers left and right.
              I think I might have over-thought your question though.

Comment

Really. Since the dead are mindless zombies they aren't exactly looting stores, their only interest being in flesh of the survivors. Surely there are gun stores all over the US with silencers, and it's not like anyone is going to be checking ID's or asking for credit cards.

Comment

[

EDIT: We never did find out what that scientist at the CDC whispered to Rick, did we?[/QUOTE]

I bet he said, "I see dead people."

Comment

I'd have stolen every crossbow in every town, a long time ago. Jake said that AGES ago. When I asked why, he was incredulous. "OMG, Mom. That's like Zombie 101!"

Duhhhh. :Rotfl:
                    Blog:
                    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by anban View Post
                      [

I bet he said, "I see dead people."

Maybe he said the virus or bacterium is mutating, making the zombies become more intelligent with time. Or something along those lines.
                      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

I also have overthought this show, hence my comparison of zombies to rabid animals. Has anyone ever been attacked by a rabid raccoon? I have. It was a zombie animal. Slobbering, staggering scared of water, wanted our flesh, walking dead.

It was a zombie coon. Our encounter was brief since my brother ran in the house, back out and blasted it with a shotgun in a matter of 15 seconds or so. But it was terrifying. There was not enough left of that giant coon to send in for testing; K State was quite sure it was rabid or it should not have approached 3 adults one child and a small dog, gathered outdoors in dayght. I saw his eyes, and his staggering. He had rabies.

The VIRUS wanted him to attack us. He went against instinct and normal coon behavior to do so. His brain was gone-the zombie/rabies virus was pulling his strings.

Does this make sense? It sure does to me.

It's against the law for my brother to touch firearms. But dayyum sometimes a reformed felon needs to kill a coon!
                        Blog:
                        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Got a question about The Walking Dead Season 2? The show's executive producer, writer and show runner, Glen Mazzara, wants to hear it. Leave your query in the comments section below from now until 11:59AM ET on Mon., Mar. 19 and he may answer it in an interview posted on AMCtv.com later that week."]question[/URL] about The Walking Dead Season 2? The show's executive producer, writer and show runner, Glen Mazzara, wants to hear it. Leave your query in the comments section below from now until 11:59AM ET on Mon., Mar. 19 and he may answer it in an interview posted on AMCtv.com later that week.
                          Last edited by rdf; 15 Mar 2012, 6:50 PM.

Thanks!

Comment

betheny, great to see your posts again. Your writing is unique and I love your okie/intelligent/descriptive prose, ha. You make me smile! And it makes all the sense in the world. Then again, I'm as Okie as you are, even if I've never been to OK.
                            Originally posted by betheny View Post
                            I also have overthought this show, hence my comparison of zombies to rabid animals. Has anyone ever been attacked by a rabid raccoon? I have. It was a zombie animal. Slobbering, staggering scared of water, wanted our flesh, walking dead.

It was a zombie coon. Our encounter was brief since my brother ran in the house, back out and blasted it with a shotgun in a matter of 15 seconds or so. But it was terrifying. There was not enough left of that giant coon to send in for testing; K State was quite sure it was rabid or it should not have approached 3 adults one child and a small dog, gathered outdoors in dayght. I saw his eyes, and his staggering. He had rabies.

The VIRUS wanted him to attack us. He went against instinct and normal coon behavior to do so. His brain was gone-the zombie/rabies virus was pulling his strings.

Does this make sense? It sure does to me.

It's against the law for my brother to touch firearms. But dayyum sometimes a reformed felon needs to kill a coon!

Thanks!

Comment

I re-watched last weeks episode to see what Shane did just before he released Randall from the barn. Just before he would have touched Randall's raw bloody wrist's, he sat down in front of him and wiped his hands over his sweaty head and then put them in front of his nose and mouth. If this is all it takes, then I'm wondering if kissing is even enough. I think Andrea had to have gotten infected when she and Shane banged it out in his car. Wonder if that will be mentioned tomorrow night or next season.
                              Anyhow, they are playing The Walking Dead all day tomorrow beginning at 11 a.m. for all those interested.

Comment

I had wondered if Andrea would be pregnant next season from Shane .. and Lori too. This show has so many directions to go with so much potential.

At work tomorrow for the Walking Dead-athon. ... but home in time to post my ohh's and ahhh's for the finale!

Comment

Working...
                                X