Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Human Centipede 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Human Centipede 2

    Soooooo, who's seen The Human Centipede?

    Well, if you thought that was bad...




    And for those who might need a bit of a brief on the original, Danlel Tosh gives a hilarious re-cap from beginning to end - literally! This might even be funnier to those who've actually seen the movie.

  • #2
    I LOVED The Human Centipede. Ridiculously creepy and shocking. Awful in so many ways but I still watched it twice.

    Am a massive fan of 'so bad its good' horror though.

    Human Centipede is comic book. If you want truly disturbing watch a French film called Martyrs.
    C5/6 incomplete

    "I assume you all have guns and crack....."

    Comment


    • #3
      I loved it, too, Rhino! I own it. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

      Watch the vid of Daniel Tosh reviewing/summarizing it if you haven't already; very funny.

      I'll have to check out Martyrs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RehabRhino View Post
        I LOVED The Human Centipede. Ridiculously creepy and shocking. Awful in so many ways but I still watched it twice.

        Am a massive fan of 'so bad its good' horror though.

        Human Centipede is comic book. If you want truly disturbing watch a French film called Martyrs.
        I loved Martyrs. Yes, it's disturbing, but the plot is interesting and keeps you wondering why until the end. The Human Centipede is disturbing. I'm glad I watched it while multitasking because it's pretty sadistic. I'm not sure I want to even attempt the sequel.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
          I loved it, too, Rhino! I own it. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
          I'm amused you own it. It struck me as a film you watch once, but then again, I own Titanic and rarely watch it, if ever, because it's such a depressing film.

          Martyrs is available through Netflix. You will definitely like the plot. After watching it, I had to tell Majed about it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Are we the only horror fans? Come out, come out, wherever you are.

            Comment


            • #7
              This Tosh recap is pretty epic. no need to watch the film if you listen to it, it's pretty thorough-lol..

              I watched human centipede, It's wayyy more campy than scary, imho. car breaks down, tourists, cliche's, etc.

              that #2 you posted looks scary though.
              An administrator made me remove my signature.

              Comment


              • #8
                HC2 has been banned in the UK.

                Won't stop me watching it although, as Feisty says, I think that trailer is way less camp than the original, which was an homage to lots of horror cliches.

                I love B movie horror, particularly zombie films and 'lost in the woods' type rubbish like Wrong Turn.

                If you don't mind subtitles and like stuff like 28 Days Later, check out 'La Horde' - brilliant French zombie film.
                C5/6 incomplete

                "I assume you all have guns and crack....."

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've been hearing La Horde is good; it's on Netflix Instant as The Horde, with subtitles (which I prefer to dubbed).

                  Rhino, have you seen the awesome Korean monster movie The Host? Good stuff! The low budget Monsters is cool, too.

                  And how abut the Norwegian flick Troll Hunter? Loved that one, too. Those three aren't really horror...

                  I recently saw Insidious, kind of a cross between Poltergeist and Amityville Horror. It was okay, but a very good flick is the vampire flick Let the Right One In. The American remake, Let Me In, is okay, but the original is better.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                    I've been hearing La Horde is good; it's on Netflix Instant as The Horde, with subtitles (which I prefer to dubbed).

                    Rhino, have you seen the awesome Korean monster movie The Host? Good stuff! The low budget Monsters is cool, too.

                    And how abut the Norwegian flick Troll Hunter? Loved that one, too. Those three aren't really horror...

                    I recently saw Insidious, kind of a cross between Poltergeist and Amityville Horror. It was okay, but a very good flick is the vampire flick Let the Right One In. The American remake, Let Me In, is okay, but the original is better.
                    La Horde is awesome. Dark, tense, claustrophobic, black humour, heroism. Everything a zombie movie should have.

                    I've seen The Host, Let the Right One In and Monsters but not Troll Hunter or Insidious.

                    If you like Korean horror also try 'Thirst' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0762073/

                    Have to confess I also like utter shite like Shark Night 3D - which I haven't seen yet but want to.
                    C5/6 incomplete

                    "I assume you all have guns and crack....."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RehabRhino View Post
                      La Horde is awesome. Dark, tense, claustrophobic, black humour, heroism. Everything a zombie movie should have.

                      I've seen The Host, Let the Right One In and Monsters but not Troll Hunter or Insidious.
                      The Horde is good. It's not built on much plot, but is still thrilling.

                      Let the Right One In is dark and mysterious.

                      Insidious is really good. Although, it's another paranormal story, it's still produced really well.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RehabRhino View Post
                        If you like Korean horror also try 'Thirst'
                        I like some Korean horror, but there's also a lot of bad Korean horror and Asian horror in general that seems to just poorly and lazily rip off Ringu (the original to the American remake The Ring), wth a creepy ghost girl with long black hair over her face moving all creepily... and stuff. Arang and The Red Shoes come to mind.

                        But, I have seen Thirst and liked it. The writer/director Chan Wook Park also did one of the stories in Three... Extremes, and I first saw his work with the vengeance trilogy, of which Oldboy is definitely the best. That trilogy isn't horror, by the way, but pretty violent.

                        You might like the Japanese flick Audition. I'll check out La Horde based on your recommendation.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ebert gave this one Zero stars.

                          But, is that a good sign since he refused to even rate the Original??


                          I wouldn't pay to watch it, but like the first one.... how can you not??!??
                          Human curiosity demands I stream it

                          btw, I agree that the first one wasn't as viscerally creepy as I thought (wished) it would be. I guess the creep factor was more in the mental imagery it created ...but yea, I kinda wanted to see more of it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                            I like some Korean horror, but there's also a lot of bad Korean horror and Asian horror in general . . .
                            But then, there's a lot of bad American horror, too.

                            But if you want some bad but fun 'horror'? Watch the Piranha remake.

                            Ever see the '80s movie House? Fun comedy-horror!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I am still traumatized by the preview of the 1st one *barf*

                              We watched "Jenifer" and the original "Last House on the Left" yesterday, my picks,,,,never live those choices down! But interesting Wes Craven was editor on original 1972 "LHOTL" and reproduced it recently
                              "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
                              ~"Vanilla Sky"~

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X