Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chick View Post
    Ebert gave this one Zero stars.

But, is that a good sign since he refused to even rate the Original??
    Given his review of the first, even though he wouldn't rate it, I think this review bodes poorly for the sequel. But I'll watch it! And I'd even pay to rent it!

Comment

Ok, I mostly hate Korean films, and I can't stand their comedy and I'm so sick of Asian horror period (what's with every undead ghost monster having long stringy hair and needing to see a chiropractor??).

I really liked Three Extremes (loved the dumpling one best!)

Rhino, if you haven't already seen, I think you'll like Piranha. It's a remake, but it's kind of an homage to the 70's animal attack B-horror.

Comment

darn, double post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorrie View Post
          I am still traumatized by the preview of the 1st one *barf*

We watched "Jenifer" and the original "Last House on the Left" yesterday, my picks,,,,never live those choices down! But interesting Wes Craven was editor on original 1972 "LHOTL" and reproduced it recently
          "Jenifer", Master of Horror ? The BEST of the MOH series is Imprint - it's skin crawling immacovermyeyesbutgottapeek good!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorrie View Post
            I am still traumatized by the preview of the 1st one *barf*

We watched "Jenifer" and the original "Last House on the Left" yesterday, my picks,,,,never live those choices down! But interesting Wes Craven was editor on original 1972 "LHOTL" and reproduced it recently
            I like the original LHOTL better, more hardcore horror. The remake was okay though. Haven't seen Jenifer yet, but I like some of the other Masters of Horror series: Cigarette Burns, Incident On and Off a Mountain Road, Family, and like chick said, Imprint!

I realy liked the British movie Severance, too. Horror/slasher/black comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
              Given his review of the first, even though he wouldn't rate it, I think this review bodes poorly for the sequel. But I'll watch it! And I'd even pay to rent it!
              Duh! That was rhetorical!

ok..appending my earlier post with: I'll watch if someone else pays...

ummm... edit that...
              gjust gimme the $ and I'll wait til it streams

Comment

Duh! That was rhetorical!
                Whatevah.

I'll keep the money, and use it to buy my popcorn.

Have fun waiting for it to arrive on Netflix!

Comment

Ok, my 2 cents. The Audition is in a class of it's own. David Lynch has jack shit on this movie and the last 15-20 minutes or so - wow.

Tried to make it through Thirst but kept falling asleep - meh.

Saw the Host and that was ok.

I will recommend the French film - Inside.

I thought Insidious was a bad Poltergeist remake.

Let the Right One In is awesome, the American version - "Let Me In" meh.

Troll Hunter i thought was a lot of fun.
                  And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
                    I will recommend the French film - Inside.
                    What's this one about? I really love some French movies--haven't seen too many though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                      What's this one about? I really love some French movies--haven't seen too many though.
                      A woman almost loses her baby in a car accident or does she?

Not much to go on I know, but if you think that sucks, good.

You'll be all the more pleasantly surprised.
                      Last edited by NoDecafPlz; 9 Oct 2011, 8:30 PM.

Comment

The less I know the better usually.

Comment

A woman almost loses her baby in a car accident or does she?

Not much to go on I know, but if you think that sucks, good.

You'll be all the more pleasantly surprised.
                          does this have English translation .... dont know french

Comment

Originally posted by shazif View Post
                            does this have English translation .... dont know french
                            I saw it with subtitles online but that link is dead, otherwise I would have posted it. That being said, I feel almost certain you could find a subbed torrent.

Comment

Rhino, if you haven't already seen, I think you'll like Piranha. It's a remake, but it's kind of an homage to the 70's animal attack B-horror.
                              Speaking of, I think Jaws made that genre. I would still hate to be in water in which I cannot see what is around me.

Comment

Ok, my 2 cents. The Audition is in a class of it's own. David Lynch has jack shit on this movie and the last 15-20 minutes or so - wow.
                                It was good, but I think Imprint was better (it left a stronger imprint in my mind, I don't remember Audition as well, but same director).

I agree with you on the rest of your list too.

Insidious was worse than bad, and not in the Rhinoesque bad but good way.

Loved Let Me In (the Amer. version not so much). Little girl was so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X