No announcement yet.

American Horror Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, thank you, sweetness! I appreciate that so much; you really came through for me.

Comment

Yeah, Jessica and the character playing her daughter make it worth figuring out the WTH? factor.
      Unfortunately, the character playing the moody daughter is so un-memorable, at one point, I thought she was one of the home invaders.

Comment

I watched the 2nd episode again and liked it better 2nd time around.

Ok, so it's safe to say that atleast Tate is a ghost? (nevermind Moira or Constance, don't know for sure yet). It has been speculated from beginning and also that he is Constance's son. She states that she has 4 or 4 other children other then Addie. All of whom had downs syndrome except one, who was 'perfect' but she lost to 'other things'.. She stated that her husband looked like Van Johnson (an old time movie actor, fair haired, blued eyed) so Tate would fit the physical profile. And we saw them together finally at the end of this episode where Constance asks Tate if this was his "handy work".

He obviously is always in the house, and is always able to orchestrate all the nifty things that take place in the basement.

Did anyone notice in the Home Invasion episode, that when Violet escapes momentarily from the invaders into another room in the house, where she encounter Tate, he tells her to get them to the basement, he then backs himself up against the wall as he hears one of the invaders quickly approaching the room, the camera pans away for a second to Violet and the invader and then back to Tate in a second and he is gone, poof. If he had been 'real', he obviously would have been seen.

He seems to have become a protector of the Harmon family in a way, in order to gain access to the daughter who he is developing a relationship with and to therapy from the shrink to quiet his homicidal thoughts. Something it seems that he may have been doing prior to his death/murder?

Still waiting on Todd for his thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by marycsm77 View Post
          Still waiting on Todd for his thoughts
          I'm exactly with you on this one. I asked myself, "Where did Tate come from?" It does seem as if he's a spirit or at least a human being who has powers to travel in the astral plane. If he isn't a human being, why does he have a mother to call?

What about Constance having sex with a younger man? Is this in her mind? Also, did she intend to poison Violet?

A lot happened in this episode to give you questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
            I'm exactly with you on this one. I asked myself, "Where did Tate come from?" It does seem as if he's a spirit or at least a human being who has powers to travel in the astral plane. If he isn't a human being, why does he have a mother to call?

What about Constance having sex with a younger man? Is this in her mind? Also, did she intend to poison Violet?

A lot happened in this episode to give you questions.
            Yeah, It is difficult to discern with him because he does seem to transition seamlessly between worlds? He is definitely imprisoned by the house though, in some way but also possesses some human qualities for a dead kid? (feelings for Violet, disturbed by thoughts of homicide). I don't know what to think about the 'mother' phone call, other then it is to throw us off and explained later, Ben doesn't screen his patients very well?. Maybe not 100% sure he's dead but i think Constance is his mother. And where the hell are her other children, lol. Are they dead and in the house? Did she kill them?

I never thought about the young guy Constance was with being in her mind, quite possible, probably more likely.

I think the ipecac cupcakes were retribution to the mr. and mrs. for reprimanding adelaide and maybe their dog nipping at her, maybe because Violet is 'normal'?

and then i guess it's possible that a lot of what we're thinking is wrong too..
            Last edited by marycsm77; 14 Oct 2011, 6:39 PM.

Comment

Maybe he IS the house...???

Comment

Originally posted by anban View Post
                Maybe he IS the house...???
                He does seem to be the embodiment of it, doesn't he

Comment

What about the first episode when they are looking at the house and Violet comes up from the basement and says "We'll take it."
                  What did she see down there that made her want to stay?

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                    What about the first episode when they are looking at the house and Violet comes up from the basement and says "We'll take it."
                    What did she see down there that made her want to stay?
                    I thought it was because she heard the agent talking about the murder/suicide?

Comment

Originally posted by marycsm77 View Post
                      I think the ipecac cupcakes were retribution to the mr. and mrs. for reprimanding adelaide and maybe their dog nipping at her, maybe because Violet is 'normal'?
                      Yes, I think so, too. She was definitely trying to get back at them. She was furious when Vivien put her hand on Adelaide, as I think she had a right to. One thing I've learned about children is not to reprimand them when their parents are present as they are the authority, and absolutely never put your hand on another person's child.

Comment

I thought it was because she heard the agent talking about the murder/suicide?
                        Yes, remember Violet didn't meet Tate until he walked in on her cutting her wrists, as she appeared too angry, yet withdrawing to have known him.

I believe Violet was taken in by the basement and its mystery, and when she heard the murders happened there, she quickly spoke up to assert she wanted her parents to take it.

Comment

Mmmmkay, last night's episode was...hm. Several sub-plots and although I could track them, I sure would have liked to learn more about either (cryptically to not give any spoilers) a) Ghost Maid and the Demented Neighbor, b) Spiking of the Coffee and Why? c) Mrs. Ghostly Visitor or d) Burn Dude and the Shovel Surprise. Not against multiple storylines and I'm sucked in now, so I'll see what happens next week.
                          Last edited by anban; 20 Oct 2011, 12:23 PM. Reason: can't count

Comment

well dont read if you haven't seen yet

Some of my observations and thoughts:

So now we know for sure Moira is dead, Constance killed her, when she found her having sex with her husband (albeit she was being raped, that time). She killed them both. Constance apparently lived in the house as well.

questions:

Is Constance dead? re: her response to Moira about her not wanting to live in this world either, after Moira broke down about wanting to be free of all of this? Or is Constance the living liaison of sorts between the two worlds?

If Tate is not Constance's son, could he have been the baby of the couple that originally owned the house, seen at the dining table of Dr. Charles and Nora Montgomery?

Seems to me Larry for whatever else he is (he stated murdered his family) is the visual manifestation (for our viewing pleasure) of ben's unconscious mind? Back to i think 1st episode when Larry states something like yes, i killed my family but i never cheated..(like somehow cheating is worse then murdering, Larry murdered but was not a sheep in wolves clothing) Knowing how guilty Ben feels about this.

And of course Larry was right there to whack Hayden, when we know that was what Ben was thinking at least unconsciously, as he was seen digging the grave before Hayden even showed up at the house the second time, to say she was moving there and they should tell Vivien together.

Is Moira now doomed to be imprisoned by the house forever as per Constance because her body was unearthed from the ground or because Ben finally succumbed to the evil of the house?
                            Last edited by marycsm77; 20 Oct 2011, 1:15 PM.

Comment

Mmmmkay, last night's episode was...hm. Several sub-plots and although I could track them, I sure would have liked to learn more about either (cryptically to not give any spoilers) a) Ghost Maid and the Demented Neighbor, b) Spiking of the Coffee and Why? c) Mrs. Ghostly Visitor or d) Burn Dude and the Shovel Surprise. Not against multiple storylines and I'm sucked in now, so I'll see what happens next week.
                              Yeah im sucked in too, lol..obviously..

Comment

i think the spiking of the coffee with the old time opioid (that was used by the good dr. Montgomery) is just exactly what it is, a way of keeping Ben disoriented and confused about what is going on?

Comment

Working...
                                X