• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Parallels I've found in the show:

Ben's adultery / Constance's husband adultery

The original owner's madness / Tate's madness

The original owner killed several women / Tate killed several students in his high school

The unhuman baby the original owner created / The unhuman life within Vivien

Moria buried in the backyard / Hayden bured in the backyard (both are the women who committed adultery with a married man)

Vivien / Constance (while seemingly different, they're the parallels of each other, both had adulterous husbands and problems with their wombs, both have troubled teens who've fallen for one another)

Ben destroyed his family / The man with the burned face destroyed his family

The two gay men symbolize Ben and Vivien - one is a cheater, the other tried to make the home work for the both of them. The one who cheated blamed the other, same as with Ben blaming Vivien.

Adelaide has no parallel as she symbolizes innocence and none of the characters are. As much as she went into the house, Adelaide was never hurt or killed. She even told Constance she's glad she didn't die on the property knowing who Tate truly is.

Interesting observation Todd..for every living character, there seems to be an almost, mirror image of a dead one.

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    And blue balls.
    HA, yeah, lol

Comment

tonights episode - WOW. I was hoping it would start to go down the twisted path and there it went. Next weeks episode looks awesome.

Comment

I never would have pegged Tate as 'the one'.
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
          I never would have pegged Tate as 'the one'.
          well there was speculation of course that he maybe the rub man but a lot of people apparently were disappointed because he already has such a large role in the show. It was a bit jarring to the psyche to see Tate in the scene where he and Violet had sex (her for the 1st time) and then him in the rubber suit attempting to again rape her mother/Viv(and that he impregnated her,eww). Knowing it is bad enough but seeing it the same episode was disturbing in a sick, kinda expected ryan murphy way.

It would have been nice if the rubber man was a character/ghost that we hadn't 'met'. I was thinking right after I saw it, you know what would have been hilarious (maybe Todd will appreciate this), if Julian McMahon aka. Dr. Christian Troy of Nip/Tuck fame had been brought into the cast as the rubberman OMG, how funny would that have been, if it could have been kept a secret and not leaked public before the show aired, i woulda died laughing.

yeah they've already taken this way over the top, he didnt do this with nip/tuck for a few seasons, hope he doesn't kill it too soon. Absurd as it is, i like it...........

eta :Kate Mara (Hayden) is from Nip/Tuck, she played Matt's girlfriend in season 1, so who knows who will show up, it would be kinda cool if someone else from that show dropped by.

Oh ps. Anyone else believe the theory that Violet is dead?
          Last edited by marycsm77; 26 Nov 2011, 6:49 PM.

Comment

Yep, it took all the fun and mystery out of rubberman that it was Tate and had an eeew factor.

Comment

So why is he called the Rubberman?

Wait, don't tell me!
              Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
              Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                So why is he called the Rubberman?

Wait, don't tell me!
                wont tell you, just show you, it wont ruin it, dont worrry. And cause Ryan Murphy puts a lot of sex and twisted stuff in his shows.

Comment

haha Mary, is there a Rubberwoman, too? Who's Ryan Murphy?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                    Yep, it took all the fun and mystery out of rubberman that it was Tate and had an eeew factor.
                    see i like the eww, the twisted psychological stuff though, that is what i was expecting from this show. i didnt see how a horror series could really translate to tv weekly series.

Comment

haha Mary, is there a Rubberwoman, too? Who's Ryan Murphy?
                      Ryan Murphy is the creator along with Brad Falchuk of the show. He also created Nip/Tuck and Glee I'm not a glee fan, but lets say i could appreciate it. Nip/Tuck was some good twisted stuff....hehe

um no rubber woman. Think of the rubber suit as something in the sexual fetish realm bob that's how it starts out.

Comment

Originally posted by marycsm77 View Post
                        see i like the eww, the twisted psychological stuff though, that is what i was expecting from this show. i didnt see how a horror series could really translate to tv weekly series.
                        Having sex with the mother and daughter eeewed me out. Other than than I've liked all the episodes except for "Piggy Piggy."

Comment

I'm just a babe in the woods, a country bumpkin, but that sounds naughty. Is the show in HD?
                          Having sex with the mother and daughter eeewed me out. Other than than I've liked all the episodes except for "Piggy Piggy."

Thanks!

Comment

yes it ewwwed me as well, but that was the point

Comment

I'm just a babe in the woods, a country bumpkin, but that sounds naughty. Is the show in HD?
                              it's not that graphic sexually bob, lol, its on FX which is basic cable, so its more about disturbing you then anything.

Comment

You are a very naughty bumpkin to keep reading this when you have not watched it yet. Sort of like eating your sweets and spoiling you supper.

When rubberman walked down the hall I thought his body physique looks like Tate amd thought groan.....not him.
                                Maybe I wanted rubberman to be a more "mature" mystery man.
                                If he shows up here I'll send him packing.

Comment

Working...
                                X