Almost the End of Summer Songs !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost the End of Summer Songs !

Eeeeessshhh - so I'm sitting here at work and got YouTubing some tunes to keep me company and came across some old summer time songs that sort of carried me away for a little bit !!

Thought it would make for a cute little thread - enjoy !!!

Care to add a few ............... I gotta get some work done

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Okay - one more - for some reason this tune makes me think of going to a drive-in in the summer !!

I really have to get some work done now !!!

Obie

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Comment

I hate myself - one more !!

You know who

Jane Siberry

Comment

Jane Siberry

Comment

Jane Siberry

Comment

I've always thought that this one was nice to start listening to in May/June. I think it works for the end of summer too.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1h...mmertime_music

It's probably not a classic yet but probably getting there.

Comment

Boys of Summer - Henley
              Don't Worry Baby - Beach Boys
              All Summer Long - Beach Boys
              Night Moves - Bob Seger
              California Dreamin - Mamas and Papas
              Suddenly Last Summer - Motels
              I'm on Fire - Bruce
              And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

The summer never came this year and now the trees are starting to be yellow
                Last edited by woman from Europe; 08-24-2011, 07:44 PM.
                TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

thinking of Fall coming, all I can think of is "I'm headin' for that OD corral" by Jerry Jeff Walker.

Comment

No video, but the song is as straightforward as you can get. Of course here in Florida it doesn't stop feeling like Summers gone until Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                    X