Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite is The Waterdance. I saw it on HBO in 1993 but you cannot find it anywhere online unless you shell out major major bucks. Fortunately, I taped it on VHS way back when and my dad used his dvd/dvr to put it on a dvd. The picture quality isn't real good due to being VHS and then converted, but if you are interested, I might could make copies. Email me or PM me anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
      My favorite is The Waterdance. I saw it on HBO in 1993 but you cannot find it anywhere online unless you shell out major major bucks. Fortunately, I taped it on VHS way back when and my dad used his dvd/dvr to put it on a dvd. The picture quality isn't real good due to being VHS and then converted, but if you are interested, I might could make copies. Email me or PM me anytime.
      Fuck, I saw this one in the theater back in '92 and was already into my 10th year. I remember feeling that it captured my reality at the time very convincingly.
      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

rory oshea was here, (inside im dancing)

great movie.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
          Fuck, I saw this one in the theater back in '92 and was already into my 10th year. I remember feeling that it captured my reality at the time very convincingly.
          I remember not wanting to see it then, but I still have yet to see it.
          Last edited by leschinsky; 1 Oct 2011, 1:02 AM.
          Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

FIXED trailer, a documentary that opens up the topic of human augmentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARfi7w9_KQE

soon to be released...I appreciate your diverse comments.

Comment

wtf recommended passion fish?? HAD TO BE AB. i am so pissed at the bs in this move: great helper, take things away for your good, bf comes along....blaH BLAH. when somebody works in my house, NOT their job to judge me or refuse to give me things. BULLSHIT.

i'd never recommend this to sci. only to ab's who want to think this is how we live. WHAT BULLSHIT. i recant. i wouldn't recommend this to anybody, esp AB's who think they know better. this movie really PISSES ME OFF.

geez, 30 min left. don't think i can stomach it.
              Last edited by cass; 2 Oct 2011, 3:25 AM.

Comment

My favorite movie about SCI is an inspirational movie called "Goal". Its about a man, who's from a devoted Christian family, who is in an accident and has an SCI. After getting irritated abotu being in a wheelchair, he looks into a sport, and discoveres how much he likes Quad Rugby.
                Its a very good movie. I bought it on Amazon.com 3 years ago.

Another movie I like based on SCI is Murderball with Mark Zupan. Makes me wish I was a quad, so I could play that cool sport.

Comment

A friend of mine saw "Coming Home" in 1978, then crashed his motorcycle and suffered a T-4 SCI a day or two later.

I believe Malcolm McDowell ("Clockwork Orange") was a paraplegic in a British film called "Long Ago Tomorrow."

Comment

theres a newer comedy move called "the ex"
                    jason bateman plays a paraplegic... very funny
                    c6 inc since 2-19-11
                    ex pro-am motocross racer
                    tilite aero z s2

Comment

An old school movie from 1950 "The Men", and more recently "The Fall."

Comment

I like silver bulletalso another movie is extreme measures.

Comment

SCI movies

Hello,
                          I.m new to this forum business and apparently misplaced my post on the one SCI movie every CC member should see and discuss- Christopher Reeves version of Hitchcocks Rear Window 1998. I put it in as Rear Window-a message from CR. Perhaps everyone is familiar with it but I,ve been following Care Cure for 10 years and can't recall a single reference to it -but maybe that's because I,m a neo-luddite just getting used to cyberspace. I would appreciate someone, perhaps a moderator, checking it out and letting me know what I did wrong.

Comment

Here is your post about Rear Window
                            /forum/showthread.php?t=175498

I was going to comment on it but its been a long time since I've seen it. If I get a chance to watch it again, I'll try and remember to comment on it.

My favorite SCI related movie is The Water Dance.

Comment

I hate watching people who can't ride a horse play roles that require riding a horse. Couldn't they budget in 2-3 $50.00 riding lessons?

I saw a film recently were a person with a hurt leg was using the crutch on the wrong side. looked very foolish.
                              I imagine it is just plain silly when a real Dr see's the pretend ones make stupid mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
                                I hate watching people who can't ride a horse play roles that require riding a horse. Couldn't they budget in 2-3 $50.00 riding lessons?

I saw a film recently were a person with a hurt leg was using the crutch on the wrong side. looked very foolish.
                                I imagine it is just plain silly when a real Dr see's the pretend ones make stupid mistakes.
                                I personally hate it when they show someone fishing and they are holding the reel upside down or hauling in an obviously dead fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X