Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMC's The Walking Dead

Anyone else catch this?

I never thought I'd be in my late thirties and watching this much television!

Hopefully my work shifts will get straightened out and I can build some sort of life again with something regular to do in the evenings twice a week (I've always wanted to learn to paint or improve my drawing skills).

It's an awesome show ... there's more going on then flesh-eating zombies. I read that this started with a comic ... does anyone know?

Only one more episode left in this season of six!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

im loving the Walking Dead, its a good that its 'adult' and not kiddified which i was scared they were gonna do.
    more guts, more gore, yea

Comment

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Wiki

After a successful first season, they fired all the writers!
      http://www.celebitchy.com/128913/wal...ason_spoilers/

5.6 million viewers for last Sunday's episode!

An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months, society has crumbled: There is no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV.
      Rick Grimes finds himself one of the few survivors in this terrifying world. He was a small town cop who had never fired his weapon and had only ever seen one dead body. Separated from his family, he must sort through the death and horror to try and find his wife and son. In a world ruled by the dead, people are forced to finally begin living.
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Comment

I've been watching this too, which feels like a guilty pleasure as I watch the undead get more gross looking every week. It's a great escape from the endless (and awful) reality television.

Comment

This is a surprisingly good show!

Comment

I laughed though at the episode that had the zombie with only half a torso dragging himself along the grass making menacing noises. If his target moved only ten feet away the zombie wouldn't have gotten to him for half a day! (OK, so it is not PC to state the obvious, but it was funny to me!)

Comment

I like the show, but every episode seems like a zombie movie cliche. Hopefully the 2nd season can get into some new stuff.

Comment

The zombies are fluff noise ... the actual story beyond that is very intriguing!

Comment

I got the first 2 books for Christmas. The TV version is similar but different enough to be it's own animal. Both of them rock!
                  www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

I'm scared of zombies, but the tv series sounds intriguing. I'd never heard of it until just now.
                    Thanks for thread revival!

Comment

I watch it on cable ONdemand loved it.
                      coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Comment

A li'l birdy told me about this thread...

I do the lettering on the comic, but I don't have anything to do with the show. Christopher - did you get the hardcovers or paperbacks?

If you haven't seen it, the first season comes out on DVD and Bluray on March 8, or you can rent it on Amazon Video on Demand if you want to try the first episode or something. The second season will be 13 episodes, but I don't think it'll be on until the fall unfortunately.

The cool thing is, even people who aren't into zombie flicks like the TV show. My Dad watched it in one sitting a couple weeks ago and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                          I do the lettering on the comic, but I don't have anything to do with the show.
                          I knew there was a reason that you were totally awesome!

Comment

Nice! I got the first two hardcover books for Christmas.
                            www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Very cool, Scorpion. I only just caught the series. Not recommended while eating, but otherwise a great watch. I'm very curious where they'll take the storyline.

Comment

Working...
                              X