Boardwalk Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

######SPOILER##############

yes-in a peculiar scene. He plays that disturbed character well.
    Do you have it DVRed to watch later?
    We were discussing Deadwood actors earlier. I watch Son's of Anarchy (don't ask me how I got started on that-saw one episode and ended up renting the previous seasons to watch this season) The actor who played Charlie Otter (Utter) and Trixie the whore have good parts along with a couple others.
    The gal who played Joanie (?) was in the series Treme. I always liked her voice.
    I don't watch a lot of network type TV because the asinine commercials get on my nerves. I am going to rent some seasons this winter.

Comment

No on the DVR. I have DVR but not HBO - opted to get Netflix in lieu of HBO. But brother-in-law has HBO with on demand. But the last two episodes of BE are not up yet.

DVR IS the only way to watch TV. No commercials and it only takes 22 minutes to watch 1/2 hr shows and 40 or so for 1 hr programs.

Comment

We get HBO, but none of the other movie channels. My sister often burns them for us.
        I am hooked on the DVR too.

Comment

I love Boardwalk, you just have to be in the mood to watch it though. I think they have to have more season's, I want to see a showdown with Hearst and Nucky

Comment

Originally posted by Skogy View Post
            Dang. Wish I hadn't read this. I still have not seen the last two episodes....
            gah! me either!

oh well!

I thought the sub plot with the gf/hooker was really well executed, and I love the guy with the phantom of the opera face. And what about the goon with the nervous laugh! Michael Pitt seems to be a HORRIBLE judge of character (lesbian baby's mom, Nucky as a father figure, Al Capone as a friend, hooker gf, mysterious war vet with half a face that he knows NOTHING about that he instantly vouches for) but he's loyal to a fault, and it's a very realistic character dichotomy.

Pitt also did a movie where he portrayed the last days of Kurt Cobain, and it was pretty good too, I think it was a Gus Van Sant flick. he barely spoke in the whole thing, but it was executed pretty well...
            An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

That weirdo Nelson got Miss Lucy pregnant, I would have thought she'd be doing the lysol thing which I assume was something used to prevent pregnancy. I wonder how long we have to wait for the next season.
              A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Im a big fan of Broadwalk Empire too. I did alot of reading years ago about the inception of the mob, so i am very familiar with all the characters, I was happy to see that Martin Scorsece really stuck the actual events. I can't wait for next season to see if he continues to do so.

Comment

How could the hooker know she was pregnant so soon and sure Nelson was the father? I suppose that is his "sign from God" to stay.
                  I feel sorry for his wife.
                  Things were wrapped up to make the next season interesting. I just hate waiting.

Comment

The new season starts this sunday. That Lucy chick is crazy on the show and she's crazy offscreen too. An agent Nelson, that dude is a tripp.
                    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

I'm looking forward to the new season too.

Comment

I was not expecting last nights season finale... I'm torn.

Comment

ok, watched from beginning to end, 1-2 ... and yea, wasn't sure if Nucky was going to do it, but the season was leading to an eventual head between him and Jimmy. If Nucky doesn't forgive, wish he had killed his bro too, who worked against him even more than Jimmy, and much more maliciously (yea, blood, whatever... but then, isn't the betrayal worse? at least Jimmy set the stage to get N off, while bro didn't do a thing). Jimmy really didn't want to take over and be the boss. He was just as much the show as Nucky... he'll be missed. I don't see any other character there currently to fill his space.

My favorite character is Nelson, with his sexually repressed guilt-ridden self. You knew he was repressed from the beginning, but when he started whipping himself (masturbating) to Margarets photo, he really threw it out there and just made it much more interesting. FYI. Catch Michael Shannon in Bug (with Ashley Judd), it's really good.

Comment

double post, plz delete

Comment

Originally posted by chick View Post
                              ok, watched from beginning to end, 1-2 ... and yea, wasn't sure if Nucky was going to do it, but the season was leading to an eventual head between him and Jimmy. If Nucky doesn't forgive, wish he had killed his bro too, who worked against him even more than Jimmy, and much more maliciously (yea, blood, whatever... but then, isn't the betrayal worse? at least Jimmy set the stage to get N off, while bro didn't do a thing). Jimmy really didn't want to take over and be the boss. He was just as much the show as Nucky... he'll be missed. I don't see any other character there currently to fill his space.

My favorite character is Nelson, with his sexually repressed guilt-ridden self. You knew he was repressed from the beginning, but when he started whipping himself (masturbating) to Margarets photo, he really threw it out there and just made it much more interesting. FYI. Catch Michael Shannon in Bug (with Ashley Judd), it's really good.
                              I saw Bug, creepy weird-ass movie. Just realized that was Michael Shannon.
                              Jimmy was a great character... hated to see him go. I really like Richard Harrow (man in the mask). According to imdb.com, it doesn't show if he'll be in next season. I hope he is though... great back story and superb acting.
                              As for Nucky forgiving his brother over Jimmy, it's odd, but for him to look like a boss, he had to kill his figure-head rival. I just would have shot Eli right after... now that would have showed ruthlessness.
                              I can't wait to see what Nucky does when he finds out Margaret gave away his land deeds. Now she has some cajones for such a soft-spoken Irish lass.

Comment

Working...
                              X