This Blood's For You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Blood's For You

Season III of True Blood starts tonight.

I am practically in crisis over this one. I love 'True Blood' but it is also the NBA finals (GO CELTICS!!!) so I think I am going to have to watch True Blood tomorrow 'On Demand.' It isn't much of a delay, but I am surprised I have become this wrapped up in the NBA finals.

Comment

haha... yeah, I've got it set to record on the PVR.

Comment

And the Celtics take it!!! YAY!! BEAT LA!!

Comment

This season of True Blood hasn't been a disappointment.

Comment

The latter half of the season was drab. The only good part is when Bill threw Eric into the cement .. that was a twist I didn't expect! I like the Jessica/Hoyt storyline. Is Tara done on True Blood - looks like she left town?

Best lines of this season:

Pam to Lafayette: "Are you picking up what I'm puttin' down?" "I is."

Eric to Bill/Alcide: "If you two are done eye-fucking each other, can we go now?"

Franklin to Tara: "Tara, look how fast I can text motherfucker."

I do like the new characters, especially Alcide and Russell Edgington .. think Russell will be back?
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Yeah, I liked the "eye fucking" line. I think I spermed a little even. And Russell will totally be back. How crispy was he though?

Comment

I know! The actor, Denis O'Hare, was genius at playing the Vampire King of Mississippi!

I wish Franklin could have stuck around. He was a great character!
                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Comment

There isn't one shitty actor on TB imo.

I recently watched that Denis O'Hare on another show or movie and he was so good that I actually despised him. He got me going good.

Comment

I really enjoyed this season except the quite obvs problem: If you get lucky enough to cast Skaarsgard (Eric) and Alcide, you have a moral obligation to include gratuitous nudity weekly. It should be criminal for those 2 to wear shirts!

Hate to say it, but the books are better.

If the took Eric and Alcide's clothes off, I couldn't say that!

I've enjoyed Terry discovering himself thru crazy Arlene. And whoever plays Jessica is delightfully young and evil, we'll be seeing more of her in the future imo.

As a bonafide hick w/ a bonafide hick accent, I am SO GRATEFUL Bill and Sookie got a voice coach! "Bee-yul! Halep mae!"

"Ah'm cummin, Suh-keh. All bae bah yer sahd shortleh. Fuhst Ah must fuck up the Quayun of Mississipuh."

It's still pretty bad, esp. w the Bee-yul, but at least they quit shrieking it!

Oh yeah, Sam and Jason w/ their shirts off are also good for ratings. Ah cayun't hahdleh stay-und that lil twaykuh playin' Crystal but the ah-caynduh helps considerableh.

Esp Eric. I sound like an oversexed widow but that is one fahn-ass, long tall drank o' wah-tuh raht thay-uh...
                    Blog:
                    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Yer Way-ul-come

Blog:

Comment

I agree on the Swede. Hotness defined! (He was great in Generation Kill too). And Alcide ... hawt! One day I've told myself that I'll get to a book signing for Charlaine Harris.

I read all the books and enjoy them (can't wait for May - another new book), but I enjoy the show as well as it's flushed out the background charcters and given them each their own storylines. They're uncomparable to me.

And Jessica did not even appear in the books ... she's a great character!

What did you think of Bill's betrayal in the show, as compared to the books?

Comment

That actor bugs me, J. Seems to phone it in to me. Skarsgaard proves that an actor can play cold, distant and inhuman without looking bored, ya know? Beeyul always looks extra-bored or he chews the scenery, no in between. And you can't pick up on why he and Sookie are soooo attracted. I sit there and think "Let's get real. No woman (or Fae) is gonna be lusting after Beeyul w/ Eric in the room, unless there is a deep and abiding love." Which love is never quite portrayed in the series.

You know how they flip out their teeth? Eric does it and looks hot. Franklin looks terrifying. Russell Edgington, the Guhvenuh o Missisippuh, looks batshit crazy and real scary when he does it. Jessica looks startled, Pam looks like she loves being evil and undead. Beeyul looks like he needs dental floss LOL.

Oh wait, you mean betrayal, not portrayal? To me the tv series just doesn't quite make sense. They need to explain the bond between maker and progeny far better for it to make sense. (I heard similar complaints about Eat, Pray, Love, which I haven't read or seen yet.)
                          Blog:

Comment

Bill looks like he needs dental floss .. lol! Prepare yourself for next season as it follows the books - Eric loses his memory and stays with Sookie. Should make for a great season!

Some time ago when the show first started, there was a fundraiser on Charlaine Harris' website for a theatre in Brentwood Essex (UK) - home of that actor. They were re-doing the threatre, making it wheelchair accessible (and here's what got me to donate) and the stage wheelchair accessible as well - even for a program to support kids with sensory disabilities.

I thought that was so 'forward thinking' and impressive to see a want, rather than a need, that I donated. So somewhere on that theatre, is a brick that says, "Jennifer Spence & David Jones." I wish someone would smash it - kidding.

Anyway, a certificate arrived in the mail with an autograph from Stephen Moyer. Blah. lol

If I ever get to meet that author, I'm going to specifically request a healing in one of her books by Eric. I need to know that spinal cord injury can at least be cured in fiction! lol
                            Last edited by lynnifer; 09-14-2010, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Holy shit! It's like the world has changed overnight. All of a sudden, all of my friends' headlines on Facebook have to do with sports. WTF?!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X