Million Dollar Baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Million Dollar Baby

I just watched it last night. WOW! Great acting/storyline. It definately makes you think. I would probaly be thinking of a way out too if I was hurt that bad.

What does everyone else think about it??
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

Good movie, kind of hits home in some ways. Clint Eastwood is one hell of a talent when it comes to acting and directing.
    If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Comment

I thought it was meh. Doesn't send out a great message to ABs regarding SCI. 'Better dead than paralyzed' sums up this movie way better than Avatar.
      www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tuna View Post
        I just watched it last night. WOW! Great acting/storyline. It definately makes you think. I would probaly be thinking of a way out too if I was hurt that bad.

It made me angry.
        Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkPals View Post
          It made me angry.
          You're a dear friend, Mark, but I seriously doubt I could deal with her injury level as portrayed in that film. It seems so horrific not to be able to move anything, but of course, you know that life and remain with us and in such good spirits. I truly don't know how you do it, but you do.

Comment

better off dead

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tuna View Post

I thought it was one of the best movies ever, I even shed a little tear.It is in my top 3 all time favorites.
              Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
                You're a dear friend, Mark, but I seriously doubt I could deal with her injury level as portrayed in that film. It seems so horrific not to be able to move anything, but of course, you know that life and remain with us and in such good spirits. I truly don't know how you do it, but you do.
                Todd, what angered me about the film (besides the family's barbaric behaviour) was the fact that she couldn't use her own free will to end her life, without having to put someone else in risk of a jail term. I
                know what my choice is, may not be anothers. When I no longer find joy in living, I don't want to stick around just to get poor souls out of purgatory. Just as I feel doctors should offer the possibility of life on the vent, I also believe that there are worse things than death.

That being said...I found out that a PALS buddy who I have talked with for years chose to discontinue the vent, and passed away Sunday. He was 42, married and had 3 little kids. I don't know what happened to change his mind, but it happened in the last few days. I know my attitude will change, but right now I am angry with him. I also know that is selfish of me, but he was kind of a mentor, and I always used him as a guide to what I could do. I feel like he deserted me without telling me why.

RIP Ken...see you in another life...but don't hold your breath waiting.
                Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Comment

That being said...I found out that a PALS buddy who I have talked with for years chose to discontinue the vent, and passed away Sunday. He was 42, married and had 3 little kids. I don't know what happened to change his mind, but it happened in the last few days. I know my attitude will change, but right now I am angry with him. I also know that is selfish of me, but he was kind of a mentor, and I always used him as a guide to what I could do. I feel like he deserted me without telling me why.
                  I am so sorry for your troubles, Mark, I understand that must have come as a shock to you, especially since he didn't tell you before doing it.

Comment

Todd, what angered me about the film (besides the family's barbaric behaviour) was the fact that she couldn't use her own free will to end her life, without having to put someone else in risk of a jail term.
                    Ah! You just reminded me of what pricks her biological family were in the film. I'd forgotten about them. I was pissed by their actions as well.

I do believe she should have been given the choice to end her life without the law getting involved or preventing her from doing so.

Comment

I know what my choice is, may not be anothers. When I no longer find joy in living, I don't want to stick around just to get poor souls out of purgatory. Just as I feel doctors should offer the possibility of life on the vent, I also believe that there are worse things than death.
                      Mark, these are the laws we have right now if you want to do it something about it I suggest you write to you congressmen and senators. Dr Kevorkian tried to help and ended up doing time for it. It is a very sad situation. I wish you the best and sorry to hear about your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by rcechser View Post
                        Dr Kevorkian tried to help and ended up doing time for it.
                        That was a total disgrace. I stood by Dr. Kevorkian because he was trying to help people fulfill their wish to die with dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
                          That was a total disgrace. I stood by Dr. Kevorkian because he was trying to help people fulfill their wish to die with dignity.
                          Hey we finally agree on something!!

Comment

Sweet deal.

Comment

Originally posted by LTF
                              Sweet deal.

Lucky you live in NH rcechser, makes the wedding easier. Todd, you'll have to move North
                              Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                              Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X