No announcement yet.

Actress Brittany Murphy dead at 32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Manger Babies have lost their Momma Luanne -- so sad. Brittany, you brought me a lot of enjoyment through your voice over work. It takes a special person to bring laughter so often to so many. Thank you for making my life a little cheerier.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

i asked politely.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
        You think they should have kept her drug problems a secret? How many young people are destroying their lives every year because of drug abuse?
        Yes and no. If i heard that my friend died from cardiac arrest i wouldn't be talking to the paper straight away telling them they were taking drugs, I'm sure their parents and family wouldn't want to hear that while they are grieving. I think drugs are a problem and it's a issue that needs to be faced, but the comment was bad timing, and could of been dealt with better, specially by a 'friend'.

Did I call Bruce a f**ing idiot? No, I did not, thats me being nice.
        Sorry but i found that funny
        'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_wheels View Post
          Yes and no. If i heard that my friend died from cardiac arrest i wouldn't be talking to the paper straight away telling them they were taking drugs, I'm sure their parents and family wouldn't want to hear that while they are grieving. I think drugs are a problem and it's a issue that needs to be faced, but the comment was bad timing, and could of been dealt with better, specially by a 'friend'.
          Everyoine dies form cardiac arrest and Brittanys drug use was pretty much an open secret, Saturday night live even lampooned her last year over it and when you see a freight train crashing its inevitable that you are going to comment straight after the fact as to the reasons why. Michael Jacksons family including his siblings speculated immediately after his death as to the cause and rapidly cast blame, I didnt see them condemned by anyone for rushing to judgement. I think theres a huge double standard operating here (and this isnt aimed at yourself)

Comment

Originally posted by brucec View Post
            calm down, to call me ignorance though, when you don't know the path my life has tooken is ignorance
            well shoot Bruce, if only her friends would have sat her down for a good old intervention that would have solved her problems do you think?

Comment

Everyoine dies form cardiac arrest and Brittanys drug use was pretty much an open secret, Saturday night live even lampooned her last year over it and when you see a freight train crashing its inevitable that you are going to comment straight after the fact as to the reasons why. Michael Jacksons family including his siblings speculated immediately after his death as to the cause and rapidly cast blame, I didnt see them condemned by anyone for rushing to judgement. I think theres a huge double standard operating here (and this isnt aimed at yourself)
              There's no double standard. Michael Jackson had been a complete oddball for quite some time, and at the time of his death had a doctor living in his house to administer heavy anesthetics into his bloodstream. There's no comparison.

Comment

I can't really comment too much because i don't know much about her and i've only seen her a few time over the years, and most of thoses time she might of been lacking a few pieces of clothing but of course there will be double standards, a pretty 30yr old girl death is going to get a different response to a 50yr old man, but thats what you face when you are a celebrity. But back to my original post i still wouldn't call them a friend, but thats just me.
                'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin

Comment

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1225812873161
                  A HUGE amount of prescription drugs were found in the home of Brittany Murphy, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner's office.
                  A check of the nightstands revealed large amounts of prescription medication in the decedent's name," the investigator noted.
                  "Also noted were numerous empty prescription medication bottles in the decedent's husband's name, the decedent's mother's name and unidentified third party names."
                  The notes said the medications included anti-seizure drugs, anti-inflammatory drugs, depression pills, anxiety medication, pain relievers, antibiotics and miscellaneous vitamins.

Comment

Compassion goes a long way in cases like these... let her rest in peace.
                    get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

The notes said the medications included anti-seizure drugs, anti-inflammatory drugs, depression pills, anxiety medication, pain relievers, antibiotics and miscellaneous vitamins.
                      Wow! I might be next.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
                        Wow! I might be next.
                        Yea really, I guess many of us are "drug addicts" with that collection, huh?! Especially, those abx..poor girl, she really was desperate!

Comment

I almost said the same Todd and quad79.

Sounds like a lot of medicine cabinets so who really knows what was or wasn't being taken. I know I have several meds that were rx'ed to try or the wrong antibiotic that I never ended up continuing. I may have a collection of over the counter and rx'ed meds but really only take a couple. It is odd to have so many in a nightstand unless they were all recently needed. I just say odd because I know the few meds I take stay there and the rest are stored away. A lot of speculation as always. I do try to weed through the "collection" occassionally and dispose of any that are expired.
                          Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by quadvet View Post
                            Compassion goes a long way in cases like these... let her rest in peace.
                            Amen to that!

Comment

Working...
                            X