Leonard Cohen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leonard Cohen

I went and saw Leonard in concert last night here in Brisbane. I won't bother going into a long review because quite simply words won't do it justice and i would feel vaguely embarrassed about anything I write after being in the prescence of such a wordsmith.
    The best concert I have ever seen ,if any of you are fans and have the opportunity to see this tour don't hesitate.

Lucky you
    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

You're lucky. I saw Leonard Cohen in concert in Santa Fe, New Mexico in 1993 when he was touring "The Future". He put on quite a show and played favorites from throughout his career. For the first time in over a decade he will be touring the US again this year. Not bad for a now 74-year-old man. He is definitely one of a kind and a master of words and imagery.

Comment

He's a hometown boy(lives in my neighborhood even) but I never really got into him. Tix for his last show were $150 a pop!
        www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

A "wordsmith" that's perfect .... huge fan here ... huge!!

Obieone
          ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
          Jane Siberry

Comment

Yeah the tickets were pretty expensive here to but I had heard that he was broke ( due to leaving his finances in the hands of an ex girlfriend ) and wasn't getting younger so I just thought I would go out of respect. Mr Cohen then jogged on stage and proceded to blow away my expectations of seeing someone 74 years of age in concert by performing a three hour show . The two girls I went along with wept in parts as I am sure a few grown men in the audience did too.The hand picked band were incredible musicians but there was a counterpoint to the music when Leornard would simply recite poetry.
            Terms like "spiritual experience" are thrown around a lot when it comes to musical performances but in this instance I challenge the most cynical rock critic to have not been moved.

Comment

All Norwegian people love him because he made the song to Marianne Ihlen. Her first husband, a famous auther here, Axel Jensen. died from ALS not long ago.

This is how she looks now
              TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Thank you. I've always wondered what she looked like in a regular picture. I believe she is the one on the cover of "Songs from a Room".

Actually, it is:

Lurch, do you know who he had for backup singers?

Comment

Kinda random, like it or don't - but here's one my favorite artsy skate video parts. You get one of the best (imho) Bukowski poems and a classic Cohen song in one swoop. Point of interest, those are solid black tattoo sleeves. Anyways,

Comment

Originally posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post
                    Thank you. I've always wondered what she looked like in a regular picture. I believe she is the one on the cover of "Songs from a Room".

Actually, it is:

That picture is when they were living together at Hydra I think, one of the Greek Island.

And here she was young
                    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post

Actually, it is:

yep here is the Link to sharon Robinson and the Webb sisters and the rest of the highly talented band.

http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/band2008.html

Comment

one of my favorite performances, cohen and u2, tower of song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e1rF08Su4I

also, this tribute is a must see for all cohen ppl (the u2 video is an excerpt from it):
                        http://www.netflix.com/Search?v1=Leo...rch_submit.y=0
                        Last edited by cass; 6 Feb 2009, 4:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X