Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by feisty View Post
    GREAT SONG

I don't know why kings of leon get hated on so bad, I thing they write great Southern-style songs.
    I guess he (Caleb) had only written part of the song on the night when the album version was recorded. He was pretty wasted and basically free-flowed the rest of it on the spot. You'd be hard pressed to find a more honest, emotionally raw, and heartfelt song by any artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhBdP...layer_embedded
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

• Originally posted by feisty View Post
      I always surf that show. I swear I'm older than my years.

that band is a quasi-supergroup made up of a couple of indie bands- some of the songs were clever- (the anecdote about a soul singer in a session band) and the big guy was singing some beautiful harmonies.

I eventually turned to SNL to catch my faves the Black Keys
      I ordered the CD on Amazon. A couple of the songs hooked me and the different voices and styles melded.
      I'd heard of Bright Eyes, but that is about all.

Comment

• Tonight
        ozzmosis kool ol album pretty deep stuff by ozzy

Comment

• Right now, Karunesh,"Call of the Mystic".
          My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

• Right now..Iron Maiden "Dance of Death". Its Friday night metal time...........

Comment

• first listen of my new Roots CD 'How I got over', and I'm impressed as always.
              Last edited by feisty; 01-15-2011, 09:32 PM. Reason: eta: they do a song with the Monsters of Folk too (Dear God 2.0), which is funny, considering the last page's convo...
              An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

• Double posting.

Only because I'm now listening to Contra- the Vampire Weekend album, and I'm wondering if Paul Simon is aware that they're like one Ladysmith black mombazo away from ripping off my favorite album from my childhood (Graceland)
                An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

• This one is for Todd...

"All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

• Originally posted by jbinny View Post
                    This one is for Todd...

That was great. For those who watched and didn't get it, the character was imitating Madonna from her Ray of Light video.

Comment

• today is songs-for-Todd day.

these are high-schoolers.

Comment

• Originally posted by -scott- View Post
                        today is songs-for-Todd day.

these are high-schoolers.

Very impressive! Those three did a great job mimicking that song.

Comment

• Sonia Leigh - a great young talent from Atlanta - I love Southern Rock
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPDdkIgPftg
                          C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

• "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

• "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

• My favorite remix of Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" performed by Scissor Sisters

Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
                                -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X