X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last of the High Kings

Cold Comfort Farm

Comment

I just rented Ace Ventura Pet Detective and the sequel. Both movies were just as funny as I remembered!

Comment

I watched "Thick as Thieves" lastnight Good movie with Morgan Freeman and Antonio Banderas in it.
        I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past, so one way to get the most out of life is to look at it as an adventure.

Comment

Revolutionary Road with Kate Winslet and Leonardo diCaprio. I liked it.
          TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

I watched "Bottle Shock" last night.
            Based on a true story and I liked it.

Comment

Just saw The Accidental Advocate by Jessica Gerstle. A story of love, hope, and the politics of stem cells. Good, gritty documentary about living the life.

John
              "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Comment

Originally posted by john smith View Post
                Just saw The Accidental Advocate by Jessica Gerstle. A story of love, hope, and the politics of stem cells. Good, gritty documentary about living the life.
                This looks very powerful. Thanks for the heads up John.

Comment

the curious case of benjamin button

enjoyed it

Comment

Saw "The Class" this week (French Academy Award nomination for Best Foreign Film). It looks like a documentary (and was sort of marketed that way) but is actually not and is based on a best-selling book. Still has a very cinema verite look. Follows an entire year in a French (literature and composition) class in a public school class (13-14 year olds) with a very ethnically diverse group of students. Well acted, for the most part well cast. I suspect there is not much about this story that is uniquely French, and that many of the themes are universal in today's world.

Reinforces for me why I would NOT want to be a school teacher in schools today!!

(KLD)
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Frozen River

Watched "Frozen River" last night.

Nice independent film. Melissa Leo is nominated for academy award as best actress.

Comment

King of Kong: A Fistfull of Quarters

A couple friend have been pushing me to watch it but who want to watch a documentary about of all things....DONKEY KONG....no thanks. Well I admit it I was so wrong. This is one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen. So funny in a strange way. You should all check it out. Now if you excuse me I need to go practice my Donkey Kong skills.
                        A hard women is good to find!

Comment

Originally posted by dimples84 View Post
                          King of Kong: A Fistfull of Quarters

A couple friend have been pushing me to watch it but who want to watch a documentary about of all things....DONKEY KONG....no thanks. Well I admit it I was so wrong. This is one of the most entertaining movies I have ever seen. So funny in a strange way. You should all check it out. Now if you excuse me I need to go practice my Donkey Kong skills.
                          This sounds so cool, I just added it to my DVD queue!

(Huh, when I added it, the site suggested I might like Murderball too, strange.)

Comment

Soul Man.......... w/the late Bernie Mac and Samuel L Jackson
                            Two former backup soul singers, who have not spoken to each other in 20 years. Funny(read on ...)
                            coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Comment

Taken - Good movie worth the watch

Behind Enemy Lines - Columbia = This movie was HOT! Loved it! I will watch it again!
                              “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Comment

I watched Penelope with Christina Ricci the other day and I thought it was sweet. (family movie)
                                An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Working...
                                X