• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just got done watching
    Australia

It is a touching movie

Comment

Went to see Green Hornet last evening. I'm mixed on it--not as good as I had anticipated.
      I thought Jay Chou gave a good performance, but the remaining cast, not so much.

Comment

Black Swan...amazing! Beautiful dancing, amazing story, symbolism, just ah, great stuff.
        Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
        -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

The Other Guys.

Hands down the WORST movie I've ever seen. Honestly, I couldn't even finish it and I wanted to like it.
          "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

Despicable Me
            My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jbinny View Post
              The Other Guys.

Hands down the WORST movie I've ever seen. Honestly, I couldn't even finish it and I wanted to like it.
              I agree--had high hopes for this one, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post
                Black Swan...amazing! Beautiful dancing, amazing story, symbolism, just ah, great stuff.
                I was concerned this movie was going to be too dark and depressing. Glad to see a positive review.

Comment

I had an 80s dance night and watch Flashdance followed by Footloose
                  C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

Originally posted by Patty41 View Post
                    I was concerned this movie was going to be too dark and depressing. Glad to see a positive review.
                    I mean it's not a happy ending, but I just related to it a lot and thought the story-telling was done well.
                    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
                    -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

Blue Valentine with Ryan Gosling and Michele Williams.

Boy, could I relate to that movie! It's about a woman married to a loser from the beginning, only she didn't realize it at first.

Like I said, touched a nerve.

Excellent description from the comments section:
                      .. everything about it is incredibly inspired and brave and poetic. the acting is astounding (i can't remember the last time i saw 2 movie stars be so raw)... the honest, unflinching portrayal of a real relationship is something you don't see much ..
                      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Just watched Clint Eastwood
                        Grand Torino

Comment

I liked Grand Torino. It got some criticism for being predictable, but Clint Eastwood is still hot.

Comment

Soft spoken Clint, there will never be another like him! I was wondering if he was trying to tell us that would be his last movie?

Comment

He is and will always be one of my favorites
                              Oldtimer I dont know if this will be his last movie
                              I hope not

Comment

He is also an excellent pianist. There was a series on blues musicians on PBS and he directed one of them if I recall correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X