No announcement yet.

Last Movie You Watched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought "Requiem foir a Dream" was amazing. Ellen Burstyn (sp) is of my favorite actresses and what a part she played. I still remember jumping when she imagined the refrigerator moved.
    We saw "The Wrestler" not long ago and did not care for it.

Comment

When I saw "The Changeling" a few weeks it made me curious about the story and what happened to the people. I wondered how close to truth it was.
      This link was interesting filling in some of the blanks-and how gruesome!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winevil...n_Coop_Murders

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
        I thought "Requiem foir a Dream" was amazing. Ellen Burstyn (sp) is of my favorite actresses and what a part she played. I still remember jumping when she imagined the refrigerator moved.
        We saw "The Wrestler" not long ago and did not care for it.
        i think this might be a "wait for the dvd one" linda, unfortunately, especially with the price of actually going to the movies these days. Requiem was better, of course different movie, but better. I was with other people and the age range was 40's, 30's and 20's and we all had about the same opinion. It was like "um ok, yeh, it was alright".

Probably better flicks out now to spend the money on actually going to the theatre.

Comment

OK-this is my huge pet peeve. Movie trailers.
          It seems they used to be a preview-like a teaser. Now it seems like the whole story is told in a flash of the best scenes.
          They make me not want to see the movie because you already know the guy gets the girl etc.

Comment

I loved the Wrestler, but I have been in love with Mickey Rourke since 9 1/2 week But I don't see any movie trailers either...
            TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
              I loved the Wrestler, but I have been in love with Mickey Rourke since 9 1/2 week But I don't see any movie trailers either...
              I like Mickey Rourke too. There was so much hype about the movie that maybe I was expecting more.

Comment

They only show movie trailers in the movie and I never go to the movie. I hate sitting in front of everybody in my own chair so I see most of the movies at home.
                TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
                  They only show movie trailers in the movie and I never go to the movie. I hate sitting in front of everybody in my own chair so I see most of the movies at home.
                  We haven't gone to a movie since Dave's injury as the loud noise bothers him and we never know when a breathing issue/suction will flare up.
                  So we watch a lot at home too.
                  I go with my Mom or alone if something I want to see foreign or independant.

Comment

The good thing is after writing here seven years, I don't need any subtitles on the American movies But if you like foreign movies and want to see any Norwegian ones, look after Elling, it is a few years old and one who is called something like the Kautokeino Riot, in Norwegian it is called Kautokeino-opprøret. Most of the time the Norwegian movies are not so good, but some are worth seeing.
                    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Hi LindaT & Friends ;

Tonight We watched a flik called ;

Journey to the center of the world

I had just came home from a mild surg procedure and felt weak / slow but this movie kept me focused .

LindaT I know how you both feel because I always watch movies at home
                      Loud noises really bother me too .
                      Last edited by GL; 22 Dec 2010, 1:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marycsm77 View Post
                        I saw "Black Swan" today. How was is, hmm... Well Natalie Portman plays the repressed, perfectionist ballerina spiraling into madness. The movie is dark, macabre, stylized, all of which are the good parts. Tchaikovsky is one of the best parts of the movie imo. There is no real human connection to the characters unfortunately as they are never developed really, almost gets silly at times.

You have to appreciate it for what it is, and not criticize it for what it's not i guess.

Aronofsky previously directed "Requiem for a Dream", which was outstanding imo, "The Wrestler", dark, depressing, good movie, not one of my favs however. If you didnt like either one of these movies, i don't think you would like this one. There is less story line and connection with the characters in this one.

The visuals ,stylization, camera work, costumes are better than the story line. I expected more with all the hype.

But all in all i liked it, didn't love it. Went with 2 other people who felt the same. Could hear the usual discussion from others after the movie, and i think they more or less had the same feeling, although i think some people were expecting something completely different and were completely perplexed, lol.
                        really?

I can't wait to go see this, I heard the score makes you fall in love with Swan lake all over again!

I like Aronofsky's movies but did you see the one with Rachel Weisz and Hugh Jackman where they were in love over 3 generations, and the 3rd generation was him in outer space, and she was a tree, and they lived in a weird- like- space bubble? It was BEYOND weird. lol
                        An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Last month, I watch New Harry Potter movie.

Comment

Originally posted by feisty View Post
                            really?

I can't wait to go see this, I heard the score makes you fall in love with Swan lake all over again!

I like Aronofsky's movies but did you see the one with Rachel Weisz and Hugh Jackman where they were in love over 3 generations, and the 3rd generation was him in outer space, and she was a tree, and they lived in a weird- like- space bubble? It was BEYOND weird. lol
                            That was The Fountain, right?
                            It was a bit confusing and sad, maybe i didn´t get the message.

Comment

Originally posted by feisty View Post
                              really?

No feisty, I didn't see it, but will check it out. There are a lot of good things about Black Swan, score of course, costumes, camera work, stylizing like I said. It's just they never develop the characters from the beginning, so you never get a real connection with them, they are just bizarre from the beginning. It is in no way realistic either. I have read similar things on the internet. Natalie Portman is really good. I just expected more.

I was really psyched to see it, and thought it would be brilliant, but I thought it fell short and is one of those movies that is over-hyped. Maybe I expected too much, but I did like it.

If you see it, let me know what you think, i'd be interested.
                              Last edited by marycsm77; 22 Dec 2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by herrlich View Post
                                That was The Fountain, right?
                                It was a bit confusing and sad, maybe i didn´t get the message.
                                yeah, totally weirdsauce.

mary, I'll keep you posted
                                An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Working...
                                X