X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love classic movies.....

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
      The Curious Case of Benjamin Button .. loved it. Surprised it was passed over at the Golden Globe awards.
      I do really want to see this but am not sure I will get back to a theatre while it is still playing. I may have to wait for the dvd. I read the short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald a few years ago and really liked it.

Comment

I watched The Curious Case of Benjamen Button online yesterday, it was fantastic, I am also surprised it was passed over at the Golden Globes. I did like Revolutionary Road a bit more though.
        Dave
        C5/C6 complete
        http://www.davegrotzinger.com
        http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Comment

I just watched Grand Torino, that had a very sad yet fairly predictable ending, it was almost as good as Eastwood's last acting/directing gig in Million Dollar Baby.
          Dave
          C5/C6 complete
          http://www.davegrotzinger.com
          http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Comment

Benjamin Button seemed like it played forever.
            I saw the Daniel Craig movie Defiance the other day. It was cool since it's a true story.

Comment

Just got home from seeing Marley and Me. An entertaining movie but take some tissue, I shed a few tears. Such a cute, devil of a dog.
              And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed! 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed ... Dr. Seuss - Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Comment

The last two movies I watched were Pineapple Express which was absolutely hilarious and if you've ever been a pothead is one of the best movies ever made, and Righteous Kill which was a pretty good movie but a little bit predictable. I saw Gran Tarrino a few days ago and thought it was an excellent movie. The and really surprised me.
                C-5/6, 7-9-2000
                Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

I saw Gran Torino.. I loved it! Not to shabby.

Comment

I am having a movie marathon today because I am not feeling well.
                    I watched Boys on the Side, and now I am half way through the Harry Potter series and I plan to watch the Lethal Weapon series next.
                    The last new movie I watched was In the Land of Women with Meg Ryan. I watched it in Cuba in spanish with english subtitles.
                    C3/4 Brown Sequard

Comment

Originally posted by AlexAgain View Post
                      I plan to watch the Lethal Weapon series next.

Good plan. I loved the era of the big, low-CGI action movie. Die Hards, Lethal Weapons, Con Air.

A friend and I have been honing the DVD running order for an actionfest.

EVERYTHING is comic book nowadays. Don't get me wrong, I loved Dark Knight and Iron Man but we need a new action hero in the Bruce Willis/Mel Gibson mould.
                      C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

mirrors - pretty good. better than i thought.

Comment

I streamed The Wrestler earlier today. Amazing, a very gritty and heartbreaking film. Mickey Rourke was amazing as was Marisa Tomei. I would have never imagined her in a role like this but she pulled it off beautifully.
                          And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed! 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed ... Dr. Seuss - Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Comment

Watched Return to the House on Haunted Hill.. it was just so-so. Not as good as the 1st but wasn't bad looking at Amanda Righetti.. a very short (75 mins.) movie and gory at times.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

I went and saw "seven pounds" yesterday which was good but I have a bit of a problem with the ending regarding chrionex fleckari ( spoiler alert).

Comment

I woke up way to early this morning, 4 a.m. and found a good copy of Frost/Nixon on line. Loved it and would highly recommend it and I wasn't even alive during Nixon's era. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X