X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yesterday, starsky and Hutch. funny.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post

I did watch the "Notorious Bettie Page" last night. The script was thin, but Gretchan Mol did a famtastic job.
      I started looking at other info about her life and remember a bachelor neighbor having her pin ups in the milking parlor.
      Gretchen Mol is in the new HBO series Boardwalk Empire. I think she's underrated.

I remember having Bettie Page bangs.

I watched the foreign film the White Ribbon this last weekend, I'd been dying to see it since the Oscars last year. (It won best Foreign film I think, and won at a lot of festivals... anyway.) after over 2 hours of German subtitle;es, I don't know what all the fuss was about. it was supposed to be creepy and suspenseful, but I was neither creeped nor suspensed, lol.
      An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Last night We watched a old movie called
        The Dark Crystal

Was interesting
        Sincerely ;
        Gypsy GL

Comment

Originally posted by feisty View Post
          Gretchen Mol is in the new HBO series Boardwalk Empire. I think she's underrated.
          She is very underrated. And she is excellent in Boardwalk Empire as well.

I also just finished watching Temple Grandin from HBO films. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kira10 View Post
            Just watched an old one I had never seen. The Bridge on the River Kwai....wow! Amazing movie, Alec Guinness was fantastic. And I can't get that whistling out of my head now. If you have seen it you will know what I mean.
            Great movie, and guess what's stuck in my head now too? GAH!

Comment

Watched "The Great Waldo Pepper" again about two weeks ago. Love those Biplanes.

Comment

We watched "The Kids Are All Right" with Anette Benning and Julian Moore last night.
                They were both excellent.
                We seldom agree on movies and both liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                  We watched "The Kids Are All Right" with Anette Benning and Julian Moore last night.
                  They were both excellent.
                  We seldom agree on movies and both liked it.
                  Linda, I enjoyed that movie too. Perfect casting, and both a funny and moving story.

I went to see "Burlesque" yesterday. Christina Aquilera was amazing, and it was great to see Cher again in a movie. I always like Stanley Tucci. The music and dancing were all great too. An entertaining afternoon (even my 83 year old mother liked it).

(KLD)
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Last Night We watched a nice movie
                    Chinatown with Jack Nicolson and Faye Dunaway

I've watched it a few times before but it is one of those kool movies in my collection that never bores me

Sincerely ;
                    Gypsy GL

Comment

I watched "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" last night. Dave hates subtitles and fell asleep and I was engrossed. I had read the book quite a while ago.
                      What surprised me was how much what I had pictured in my head was exactly like the movie. I was also glad to see that the some of thbee actresses (even though their part were less than the books for time's sake) were older, plain and one attractive woman (Erika?) had flyaway hair. In American movies often women have to young, perfect and the starring men like George Clooney.
                      I might have had a hard time following without the book.

Comment

Saw Love & Other Drugs the other day- I thought it was good. Jake and Anne both earned their check, if not only for alllllllll the nudity. Total chick flick but relatable (she has Parkinson's, deals with dating/dealing with new couples/sickness)

They're both really nice to look at. tits and ass notwithstanding- Jake Gyllenhaal seems to have grown into that face of his. He doesn't look like Donnie Darko anymore.
                        An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Despite a nasty case of the flu, I finally managed to finish off Steig Larsson's triology and see The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Very good if a bit long. I went with somebody who hadn't read the books and they drove me crazy, continually asking "was that in the book?" Afterwards we caught Fritz the Cat at a cult movies festival. It was well worth the price of admission.

Comment

Last movie i saw was "Backlight".
                            Portuguese Director and some portuguese actors such as Joaquim de Almeida.
                            This was the first portuguese movie in Hollywood.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1326238/

Still has some "too quiet" and some scenes maybe too long when just a second or two would be enough to give us the image.
                            This is just my opinion.
                            I love the cinema and acting itself and Joaquim de Almeida is one of my idols.

Comment

I rented Inception the other day. It's a great movie for you really have to pay attention. It gets really deep and the end was kind of mind blowing. It's one of those movies where it helps if you can watch it a few times to try to keep up with it all. It's about planting an idea into someone's dream or stealing an idea from someone through their dreams. It's really good starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Ellen Page.
                              C-5/6, 7-9-2000
                              Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

i loved inception, just the concept of it was amazing

Comment

Working...
                                X