Songs That Always Make Me Tear Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Songs That Always Make Me Tear Up.

This song always gets me no matter what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEJyf...eature=related
    And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed! 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed ... Dr. Seuss - Oh, the Places You'll Go!

This one always does it for me.....oh, and anything by Sarah McLachlan (sp?)

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

[quote=Danine;975443]This one always does it for me.....oh, and anything by Sarah McLachlan (sp?)

Yeah Angel is deadly for the waterworks.
      And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed! 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed ... Dr. Seuss - Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Comment

I know many here don't understand spanish and I find some music in spanish so beautiful and romantic. I have many memories of these songs such as those from my childhood and of love in my past. Being that at times you can't enjoy some music if you don't understand what they are saying, i have decided to translate the words from one of my most beloved singers Roberto Carlos and one of the most memorable songs from my son's father to me. Btw, the title is "La Distancia"(The Distance). Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Never again did you hear
        speak of me
        However I continued
        thinking about you
        In all this nostalgia
        that was left
        So much time has passed
        and never did I forget you

How many times
        I thought of returning
        and telling you that of my love
        nothing changed
        But my silence was greater
        and in the distance
        I die day by day
        without you knowing it

The rest of our love was left
        very far forgotten by you
        Living in the past
        still I am
        Although all has changed
        I know that I will not forget you

How many times
        I thought of returning
        and tell you that of my love
        nothing had changed
        But my silence was greater
        and in the distance
        I die day by day
        without you knowing it

I thought to stop loving
        you once
        Was something so difficult
        for me
        If sometime my love
        you think about me
        Keep this presnt and remember
        that I never forgot you

How many times I thought
        of returning and telling you
        that from my love nothing
        had changed
        But my silence is greater
        and in the distance
        I die day by day
        without you knowing it

How many times
        I wanted to return
        and tell you that of my love
        nothing has changed
        But my silence is greater
        and in the distance
        I die day by day
        without you knowing it

Raven
        Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
        but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Comment

what about this? I took me some time to find the full version on youtube, but just listen now.
          This signature left intentionally blank.

Comment

Originally posted by littlebee
            what about this song
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-oquRLcmAM

how to quote the youtube movie

all you have to do is to add "code"(after the watch?v=) from the youtube link between [youtube ] [/youtube] tags....in this case will be
            Code:
            [ youtube]V-oquRLcmAM[ /youtube ]
            & without any space. I've added the spaces just to avoid taking it as a video now
            This signature left intentionally blank.

Comment

I heard this song not too long ago and listened to it quite a bit and makes me cry every time.

I couldn't get an embed code but please watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y72jRaoRvHs
              T-7 Complete
              "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Comment

As a guy whose Irish grandparents who came over to the US in the early 1900's, this song always chokes me up. I understand there are 2 possible meanings to the lyrics...both of which are haunting. The first theory is in the very early days, in order to call an army together, the bagpiper went through the fields and valleys playing as he went. The young men fell in behind him and marched off to war. A father knowing his son was to march off to war wrote these lyrics for him.
                The second theory is "Danny" has to leave Ireland and emigrate during the Famine. His dear old mother is bidding him farewell and staying in Ireland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jgma--0WYU

Comment

Judy Collins - Amazing Grace
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHpye0M34JQ

Proud to be an American
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZf619DIpo
                  Last edited by I Care; 29 Dec 2008, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Johnny touches me deeply with this .......

Obieone
                    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                    Jane Siberry

Comment

Originally posted by Obieone View Post
                      Johnny touches me deeply with this .......

Obieone
                      Yes the song and video are haunting.

Comment

Can't explain why ...... just makes me teary ...... the nostalgia I guess ...

One more by the same ..... I've got a soft spot for Chad and Jeremy ....

Obie

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                        Jane Siberry

Comment

I know .... I'm dating myself ..... it was my time what can I say .... we were very deep in those days ....

Obie

Jane Siberry

Comment

OKay .... I'm officially a basket case now ... one more and I'm almost finished my coffee .....

Obie

Jane Siberry

Comment

Alrighty last one for now ....... ..... I just love these music threads .....

Obie

Jane Siberry

Comment

Working...
                              X