Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Songs That Always Make Me Tear Up.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    "Black Muddy River" by the Grateful Dead

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Obieone View Post
      OKay .... I'm officially a basket case now ... one more and I'm almost finished my coffee .....



      Obie
      Oh my Obie. That just about kills me. I used it for the poems I wrote for my late grandchildren. Now I'm trying so hard to not cry and have Nick hear me. They are all so beautiful, very beautiful.

      Raven
      Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

      A warrior is not one who always wins,
      but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

      Comment


        #18
        Yeah Tears in Heaven does it for sure and I'm not even a parent. I bet it is emotional on a whole other level for parents.
        And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed! 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed ... Dr. Seuss - Oh, the Places You'll Go!

        Comment


          #19
          The late Layne Staley with Mad Season. River of Deceit.


          Last edited by Natalie_A; 29 Dec 2008, 2:28 PM.
          And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed! 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed ... Dr. Seuss - Oh, the Places You'll Go!

          Comment


            #20
            I've been listening to Bette Midler a lot lately and she sings many sad songs. Her voice is elegant and beautiful when singing such songs as I Think It's Going to Rain Today, The Girl Is On to You and He Was Too Good for Me/Since You Stayed Here.

            Those three were never commercial singles, but are quite moving if you can give them a listen.

            Comment


              #21
              Well girls this is the song that always put tears in my eyes.

              Last edited by knowthill; 31 Dec 2008, 5:55 PM.
              T6 complete

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
                I've been listening to Bette Midler a lot lately and she sings many sad songs. Her voice is elegant and beautiful when singing such songs as I Think It's Going to Rain Today, The Girl Is On to You and He Was Too Good for Me/Since You Stayed Here.

                Those three were never commercial singles, but are quite moving if you can give them a listen.
                Her Wind Beneath My Wings can make me tear up, especially when watching the movie Beaches. How sad and how sweet it is that death in the end comes for us all.



                Old George Jones could give a person a good cry, too - especially with this song:

                Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

                Thanks!

                Comment


                  #23
                  "The Water Is Wide" sung by four of my favorite musicians.

                  "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Johnny Cash singin Krist Kristofferson:



                    Somewhere Somehow Along The Way
                    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

                    Thanks!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by rdf View Post
                      Her Wind Beneath My Wings can make me tear up, especially when watching the movie Beaches. How sad and how sweet it is that death in the end comes for us all.
                      Yes, that is a very sad song, but most know it due to its popularity (so I didn't mention it ). Bette has many songs just as sad for those who want to explore her albums.

                      Bette Midler is one of those dynamic individuals who has the ability to make you laugh and make you cry. Most of her albums have songs designed to be funny and amusing, while other songs are very moving to the soul.

                      On her debut The Divine Miss M, she always makes me laugh when she ends the Chapel of Love by telling her back-up singers, "That is a piss ending to a fabulous song."

                      Or her rendition of Otto Titsling from Beaches. Brilliant lyrics:

                      Comment


                        #26
                        One song that makes me start to cry when I hear it is by bluegrass singer Rhonda Vincent and its called "When the Angels Sing". Its off of the album "The Storm Still Rages".
                        I heard this song only 1/2 hour prior to my Mom calling me to tell me that my Grandpa Nelson had passed away in Jan. 2007.

                        If anyone can find a way to put it on here, others can listen to parts of it.

                        Jessie

                        Comment


                          #27
                          this one will do it especially if you've lost a parent
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvW6nuQ2B0s
                          A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by jessie.gray View Post
                            One song that makes me start to cry when I hear it is by bluegrass singer Rhonda Vincent and its called "When the Angels Sing". Its off of the album "The Storm Still Rages".
                            I heard this song only 1/2 hour prior to my Mom calling me to tell me that my Grandpa Nelson had passed away in Jan. 2007.

                            If anyone can find a way to put it on here, others can listen to parts of it.

                            Jessie
                            This video won't allowing embedding, but here's the link! It is one of those old bluegrass tear-jerkers, isn't it?

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diWqV2fZTe4
                            "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Obieone View Post
                              OKay .... I'm officially a basket case now ... one more and I'm almost finished my coffee .....



                              Obie
                              This one has special meaning to me
                              Dave
                              C5/C6 complete
                              http://www.davegrotzinger.com
                              http://www.daves-webdesign.com

                              "I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Obieone View Post
                                Johnny touches me deeply with this .......




                                Obieone
                                I've always found this one very moving.
                                Dave
                                C5/C6 complete
                                http://www.davegrotzinger.com
                                http://www.daves-webdesign.com

                                "I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X