Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round Betty Wheels

Hey ,

I'm a c7 quad and I manufacture wheelchair wheels. I started my conmpany [Round Betty] a year ago. I would like to get some feed back on this wheel I designed called the Enzo . It is a fixed 5 spoke design made out of 6061-t6 aluminum its pretty light weight and strong with no matienance to it at all It is available in 24"[540] 25"[559] and soon 26" [590] I offer custom finishes. Here is some pics of the wheel. I will also be releasing a new design in the works soon. My web site is www.roundbetty.com
    Last edited by Erick [RB]; 5 Feb 2008, 11:21 PM.

How much do they weigh? How do the hand rims attach? How much do they cost?

Comment

Round Betty Wheels

They weight is 2.5 pnds without handrings/tubes/tires the handrings attach directly to the spokes and they can be fine tuned to each users desired width. The cost will vary depending on the finish , handrims and tires .But the estimated cost I believe will be around $550.00 range per set complete.

Comment

Round Betty Wheels

Here is detailed info on the wheels options/tech specs.

Comment

Round Betty Wheels Feed Back

Here is some pictures of the Round Betty wheels on a couple of different model of chairs. One is a Lasher Sport and the other is Next Mobility and the other my personal custom chair I made for myself. Also included is a pdf of all the options/tech specs . I would like to get some feed back from people of what there initial thoughts are on the wheels. The design is a fixed 5 spoke design [no truing loose or damaged spokes] it is a aluminum wheel so it is fairly light rigid and responsive. It is offered in 24" [540] 25"[559] and soon in 26" [590] . Any input or questions would be appreciated.

Thanks , RB

Comment

Round Betty Wheels Feed Back

Sorry, here are the other pics.

RB.

Comment

Hey there Erick - I chanced upon meeting a friend of yours here in Ballard who tuned me in to your company/products. Also met someone who rolls on your wheels and really liked them. How does one go about checking them out?

Comment

Well since your local to me you could easily get a pair from me direct to take a look at. My contact info is on my web site www.roundbetty.com . Or you can go through on of the local medical suppliers [Care med , Wheelchairs NW] .

EB

Comment

Erick, in all seriousness, send a demo pair to SCI_OTR for review. Search his posts here. He knows his stuff & people listen to him. That may be more beneficial than you think...

Comment

Scott , Sounds like a good idea . I will try and get in contact with him on it.

Thanks .

Comment

I have a friend thats has had these wheels,and they did not hold up.. He is a T-11 para that is very active and only about 130lbs and absoultly destoryed these wheels without even trying.. Just the simple hop off the curb and they would bend. I think they are great lookly wheels and awsome idea but they did not seem to hold up well. I would just have to try them myself to really say they would hold up or not. I run x-cores on my chair and they have done me well. Also have spinergys on my ball chair. Kool looking wheels but after one review from a guy a lot smaller than me tough to take a chance on..Just my 2 cents..

Comment

Check out Round Betty - cool new wheels for wheelchair users

I am responding to the inventor of Round Betty wheels. I have had Round Betty wheels for about 2 years now and I love them. I work in the medical industry and also am a paraplegic from a car accident 15 years ago. I was very impressed with the Round Betty wheels and their durability, style and the price is good too. Plus they look hot! I am always looking for new ways to change the style of my wheelchair and/or upgrade it to new equipment and I am very impressed with the way the Round Betty wheels make my wheelchair look and hey you have to love the fact that the inventor is in a wheelchair. I like to support fellow wheelers that try and make something that will make our lives easier in wheelchairs. These wheels look good, hold up extremely well, (and I have always favored spinergy's) , but the Round Betty wheels are just as light weight as any spinergy wheels. Sometimes it is hard to break away from equipment that we are used to, but Round Betty's are something else! It is a smooth ride that is lightweight, they look great on my Tilite wheelchair and I don't get my fingers caught in the spokes. Plus no spokes to worry about breaking. Kudos to you Erick for coming up with a great set of wheels for wheelchair users like yourself. Thanks Tammy from Seattle.</IMG>
                        Last edited by Tammywheels; 4 Mar 2008, 7:42 PM.

Comment

Round Betty Wheels Rock

I have a pair of Round Betty wheels and they have been the best pair of wheels I have owned. I'm a t-11 para and weigh 165pnds and I'm extremley hard on wheels and these wheels have held up the best for me.I hop curbs in them and take stairs no problems. I have spinergy's and like them but I always tend to split the spokes and I had a pair of x-cores and cracked them within a week of owning them. I would highly recomend them...5 stars from me.

Comment

Anyone seen these?

Anyone seen/use these see www.magicwheels.com ? Interested in and looking for feedback

Comment

Working...
                            X