SHOWER BENCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHOWER BENCH

I am not happy with the one I have. Wondering if there is anything else out there? Where can I find the options and compare?

* "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

That big plastic one that Invacare makes is pretty stable and hasnt loosened up on me so far, I like it. Only thing is it is not padded, so I get kind of worried about parking my kiester on it too long without moving, but so far it looks like the best out there.

Comment

Invacare makes the one I have. I think it was like $65?

heres one like it...
      padded bench

T-10 complete
      10/08/01

T-10 complete
      10/08/01
      "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Comment

I am still not happy with the bench I have. I use one like the link you posted Patrick. It's ok. But, still not that comfortable. I am c5/c6, so my trunk control is so-so. I can do fine with this one, but would like to have one that maybe leans back in the back. So I could lean back and enjoy the shower if I wanted to. I was thinking I saw one on here that the back was like a sling. But, not sure. Can't find it so maybe I was dreaming! If anyone knows what I am speaking of, or knows a good place to look for it, let me know. I appreciate it. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
        Franklin D. Roosevelt
        - Alan Kay

Comment

Here's a nice albeit expensive alternative ...
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Amanda,
            I've been looking for one too. Which one do you have?

"Another day that I can't find my head...My feet don't look like they're my own...I'll try and find the floor below to stand...I hope I reach it once again" ~Norah Jones
            "Your love is just the antidote when nothing else will cure me" ~Sarah McLachlan

Comment

this is like the one I have.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
              Franklin D. Roosevelt
              - Alan Kay

Comment

Amanda-
                I have a Rubbermaid extended shower bench. It's nice, but doesn't work for my shower, so I got this one http://www.etac.se/com/main.php?id=82 and it is wonderful. They also make it with 24" wheels so that you can self propel into the shower. The wheels would have been prohibitive in my current bathroom but the chair is a lot safer than my previous configuration. I hope that this has helped some.

'Chelle
                'Chelle
                L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

Here are several options:

SpinLife shower chairs

(KLD)
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X