Bruno truck lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruno truck lift

I have a Bruno lift for my wheelchair in the back of my truck. I called about the attachment on my wheelchair consisting of 8" of seatbelt strap and a male end of the seatbelt. They quoted me $250 big ones. Does anybody maybe have a set they would like to sell? I would like an extra set for my other chair
    T-10 complete
    10/08/01
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Is this just like a regular seat belt that is removable? Sorry I don't know the bruno system. If it is, we have one that's never been used.

martha

Comment

Thanks for your reply Martha. Sorry it took so long to get back. I have been looking at the situation and I am going to make new belts for everything that way its all the same.
      T-10 complete
      10/08/01
      "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Comment

Hello Wheelinarcher,

Yesterday I took my driving exam for the state and passed. I am a Pennsylvanian also and am now gathering information to determine the best modification for myself. I have seen your setup on your webpage and it looks good, but could you tell me of any problems, or concerns that I should consider before making my decision on what mod's to go with. Any help would be appreciated.

Wideglide

Comment

Wheelinarcher

I also have this system and am going to run into trouble soon as I only have one set of conectors(seatbelt). I was thinking of removing the male ends from my chair and clicking them into the female ends and leave them there. Then attach a snap like you find on a packsack to the belt that is still on the male end. When the snap is apart take the other end and attach it to your chair. I bought a couple of packsacks for $5 a piece and this is in Canada; you should get them even cheaper there. I haven't looked around to just purchasing the snaps themselves but you could probably find them and if not just buy a cheap packsack and this way you get the material to use for the attachment process at the same time.

Tim (sped)

Comment

Wideglide

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the date of the post. I would like to tell you my only concern with my set-up though. It is that when the outside elements are bad (rain or snow) there is more time spent in them then that if I had a van because of opening up the modifications of the truck. Other than that I've had no other concerns. I'm able to do the off-roading I used to before my accident.

Please disreguard my last post and I'll pay more attention next time.

SPED

Comment

Sorry guys. I dont pay much attention. Ok, first- I took care of having two chairs to hooh up by taking 1" webbing (walmart) and making a loop at a balance point on my chair. I heated a screw driver and made a hole. I wrapped the webing and put a screw thropugh the holes. It is alot easier to look at the pic.

second- weather is a bad factor period. yes you get wet getting in/out van, car or truck.

third- problems with mine were all due to untrained people that did not know their product. #1 the TAS does have a recline option hidden on the RIGHT side. #2 When the seat swivels out there are two bolts to adjust the stop position. Make sure the bake of the seat has at least 1/2" between back guid rails and truck. #3 My chair lift is the Outridder #PUL1100. Bruno has a recall on these for a chain tightener assembly. Make sure you have it.

I am very happy with it. Even with the few problems I have had it has been a good setup. I love still having a truck with four wheel drive. You can use the outridder for a deer hook to skin and quarter!!!!(more on that later)

If you jog in a jogging suit, lounge in lounging
              pajamas, and smoke in a
              smoking jacket, WHY would anyone want to wear a
              windbreaker?
              T-10 complete
              10/08/01

Comment

I use the original bolts on the lift to hook to.

pajamas, and smoke in a
                windbreaker?
                T-10 complete
                10/08/01

Comment

Thanks Wheelinarcher,

thank you for the input on your truck and am wondering if there is a chance I could see it. Like I told you I am from PA also, a little northwest of you, but could probabely arrange for a ride to Lewistown sometime. Let me know if we could meet cause I am getting anxious and want to find the best option for me, but I don't want to get something and then regret it Thanks.

Wideglide

Comment

Wideglide,
                    Drop me a line.
                    pgantz3968@hotmail or call 717-242-4504
                    Its unlisted so don't give it out. (haha)
                    I am 40 minutes (south) from State College so give me an idea of where your coming from. Don't expect it to be show and shine ready.

pajamas, and smoke in a
                    windbreaker?
                    T-10 complete
                    10/08/01

Comment

I have a Bruno Truck lift on my Toyota tacoma prerunner...
                      When they started in on the seatbelt crap I couldn't believe it! I thought it would create pressure sores and asked them if they could simply have a strap that went from one side of my wheelchair to the other sewn on with a metal ring in the middle of which I use a hook to connect the two. I works great!! I am planning on getting a digital camera tomorrow so I will try and get you a pic. It is soooooooo easy. Hope that vague discription helps [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

superstar, how does your chair stay balanced going in and out? we need pics. Even the way I do it , it will sometimes get of balance and I have to start over. Or the wind will turn it.
                        T-10 complete
                        10/08/01

Comment

Working...
                        X