Pop 'n drop electric scooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop 'n drop electric scooter

Looking to sell or trade my pop 'n drop electric scooter. I bought it about a month before my insurance company finally (after a year!) approved a smart drive. I only used it about five or six times and its been sitting in my garage for about a year. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that if the battery is completely depleted it won't take a charge so the battery will need to be replaced. I am asking $200 or I would take a freewheel in trade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - 1.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	2908950

You can see it in action here:
    Are you ready for a helping of badass? Turn your wheelchair into a rocket!

please identify the scooter and what type/size battery
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Comment

pfcs49 - It's an Ecoreco M3 scooter. It uses a LIFEPO4 36V 8Ah battery.

Comment

How do you like your smart drive? Positives and negatives? I'm getting it on my new chair and wonder if it will really help or just "get in my way".

Comment

lynne - I absolutely love my Smart Drive. Single best disability product other than my chair I've used in 36 years!

Pros: great for extra assist on hills, lightweight, easy to use
          Cons: $ of course and it takes a little bit to get it dialed in correctly. I had to really crank down on the clamp that attaches to the chair so it stays in the correct position when you take the smart drive on and off the chair. I had the original push tracker which had connectivity problems but switched to the push tracker e2 (which is just a smart watch with their app on it) and haven't had any problems since.

Happy to answer any other questions...

Comment

Originally posted by Rginis@comcast.net View Post
            lynne - I absolutely love my Smart Drive. Single best disability product other than my chair I've used in 36 years!

Cons: $ of course and it takes a little bit to get it dialed in correctly. I had to really crank down on the clamp that attaches to the chair so it stays in the correct position when you take the smart drive on and off the chair. I had the original push tracker which had connectivity problems but switched to the push tracker e2 (which is just a smart watch with their app on it) and haven't had any problems since.

How does the SmartDrive do on stopping short on going up a steep ramp then you need to stop abruptly on that same incline? For example, as if you are going up the rear ramp in a vehicle such as the Kia Soul.

Comment

Califanna - It's doable but difficult. I climb a hill daily that I have to stop at the top and then turn to open a door. Sometimes I over/undershoot the stopping point. If your question is how responsive is the smart drive to stopping, I would say that with the new push tracker e2 it responds almost instantly. Also, manually gripping the wheels to stop will work as well although not as quickly in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Rginis@comcast.net View Post

Thanks for the answer! Not sure which push tracker I'll be getting. I'm sure I'll have other questions when I get it (May 26th). Do you always remove it when back home? In other words does it get in your way when not needed?

Comment

Lynne - I only use the SD when I'm out, so yes take it off to transfer and leave it off when I get home. It does not get in the way, but I live in a small house with wood floors so no need to use it at home.

Comment

Working...
                  X