Looking for tiLite frame or similar, 16? wide, for cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for tiLite frame or similar, 16? wide, for cheap

Hi! I?ve been using a chair for about a year now, and it has been an ill fit hybrid/folding frame that is 2 inches too big for me (18 inches wide). The footrest is also at a 75 degree angle, and I need a 95 degree angle. I am in need of a smaller frame that’s rigid and ultralightweight and cushion. I am willing to use parts from my current chair to mod out a rigid frame one, but can really only afford to pay cheap shipping costs right now. Am also willing to assemble my own chair to keep costs low. I am just hurting myself pushing around almost 30 lbs of weight and my new rigid frame chair probably won?t get approved and arrive until the end of winter. I am in Maine, for reference. Thank you to anyone who can help!

The $10,000.00+ TiLite I wrote about.

I see no one rose to the challenge to donate one of their old TiLite 'chairs to tweeicle. I messaged tweeicle and sent her the specs and the CAD drawing and asked if the 'chair will fit her? She wrote back and said it would. This is the $10,000.00+ TiLite I wrote about years ago here at CareCure. She friended me on Facebook and she has a hour-glass figure. The canes tapered in 1" will benefit her.

I wash it up with Tide and put new Primo tires on it. As I was washing it up I noticed the frame only had three scratches on it. I got it out to UPS this morning. All tweeicle has to do is add a cushion, under seat pouch on it and adjust the foot rest then she's ready to sport it!

I told tweeicle I wanted nothing in return for the 'chair. It is free. F-R-E-E. It is going to a good home. tweeicle's mom even messaged me on Facebook.

When I got out of hospital I was poor. I was on SSDI of $625 per month, welfare, food stamps, free government food and Thanksgiving dinners at The Salvation Army. Today, after many hours at college and university I ran after an accessible career in computer-aided-design and drafting designing space projects, electric propulsion projects, fuel cell projects, cryogenics P&IDs and zero gravity rigs for NASA. When I was in need my community helped me out. Now it is my turn to help others out. I spent 27 years serving on various boards receiving $0 in compensation. I learned a lot along the way too.

I hope tweeicle has a nice Thanksgiving with her newly wed husband and family.

I just took delivery of a new ZR I'll post pictures of at a later time.

Here's what she's getting.

Ti
    Attached Files
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

What a kind thing for you to do, titanium4motion! Bless you

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

He is the sweetest man. I am so thankful and excited to pose for photos in a well fit chair! I’ll post a photo here once I have it.

once again, thank you for your kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by tweeicle View Post
            He is the sweetest man. I am so thankful and excited to pose for photos in a well fit chair! I’ll post a photo here once I have it. once again, thank you for your kindness.
            Looking over our forum for information that will assist me in my decisions on this new chair I came upon this old thread.

Yes titanium is a generous man in this instance of your need and good on him for his open offer to you at that time.
            He is generous with his advice too.

Well, time has rolled on as it is want to and yet??
            Now where are the promised photos of you enjoying the fruit gifted to yourself tweeicle? has the chair made a substantial difference to your mobility and quality of function? I do hope that misfortune has not befallen you.

To observe the generosity of people is always refreshing. Genuinely, well done you Titanium !
            Last edited by slow_runner; 26 Mar 2021, 9:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X