Looking for wheelchair accessible motorcycle for C 5-6 quadriplegic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for wheelchair accessible motorcycle for C 5-6 quadriplegic

Does anybody have or know somebody that has a wheelchair accessible motorcycle for sale that could accommodate a C5-six quadriplegic ?

Are you looking for a trike or a motorcycle with a side car?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by wildbill430 View Post
      Does anybody have or know somebody that has a wheelchair accessible motorcycle for sale that could accommodate a C5-six quadriplegic ?
      Check out your local bike rallies you find a few DYI sets up and talk with them best source is people that have done there own and willing to help others.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Probably a sidecar set up but I could go either way as long as it is able to accommodate a quadriplegic. A steering wheel with a trypin set up would work best for me.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the information. Would prefer to find one already built but evidently they are very hard to come by these days. Evidently too many regulations stopped anybody from making them.

Comment

Preferably a sidecar but would not be opposed to the trike as long as it would accommodate a quadriplegic. Would need a steering wheel with a trypin set up. Would prefer something that could accommodate speeds up to 75 mph if possible.

Comment

Most of the people I know with these have had them custom made. I have never seen one with a wheel instead of handlebars though, but that is not saying a custom shop couldn't do that for you. Wouldn't be cheap though.

(KLD)
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I’ve had several since 1987. There were 2 Tomco companies the first was in Kansas and he sold it to some guys from Pennsylvania. I had them with the steering wheel conversion s. It is a Chevy manual steering gear box welded to the top of the sidecar frame. The steering wheel is directly mounted to the gearbox by the coupler joint and the tierod is connected to the pitman arm. The Hondamatics come in750,450, and 400. If you use a power chair the 750 is best. There are bikes that pop up occasionally. They are older bikes and can be found for $1500-$3500 plus you would have to convert to your specific needs.

Comment

Sidecar for sale

I have a Honda Goldwing with sidecar for a paraplegic to ride for sale. Contact me for info. Kjdoss@yahoo.com
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X