C5-C6 from Mexico needs Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C5-C6 from Mexico needs Equipment

Hi, my name is jesus live in Ensenada B.C. , her we dont have any suport from goverment , so if somebody have things for free

I will aprecciate anything . I have an old f150 98 that use for transportation but its very dificult to get in and out, so im looking

for any kind of lift , also i need light wheelchair, handcycle , and any supplies for quads.

I have moved your post to the Equipment & Services forum, which is where we allow posts for those either selling or looking for equipment such as this.

You will probably find a little more responsiveness from our members if you post in the other forums a bit and let us get to know you, as well as to complete your profile.

I assume you can arrange for someone in the States to deliver equipment to you in Ensenada, or to pick it up yourself in San Diego. You may have to pay for shipping.

Have you already been using a handcycle or other wheelchair sport? If so, you may be eligible to apply for a grant for equipment through the Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF). You can find information about their grant cycle and how to apply here. Unfortunately the current grant cycle is closed; it will reopen in the fall:

http://www.challengedathletes.org/si...pplication.htm

What kinds of supplies do you need? Gloves? Catheters (what type)? Medications? Wound or dressing supplies?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thanks , yes I can go to san diego if its necesary, I just start using urynari catheters 35 mm and supositorios bizacodil, so I will need lots of them

Comment

I assume you mean an external condom catheters (35 mm. size) and bisacodyl suppositories.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Yes , also bags that go in the legs and all the supplies to maked work, sorry but my english its not perfect

Comment

You should use some type of protective skin barrier wipe on your penis before applying the external condom catheter. Do you know that it is safe to do reflex voiding like you appear to be doing vs. intermittent catheterization?

You should use both leg bags (with extension tubing and fabric, not rubber straps) as well as bedside drainage bags for urine collection with a condom catheter.

(KLD)

Comment

ok thanks, like I say I just want to start to use, because I get tired using adult pampers , are to expensive here in mexico

Comment

I am concerned that you could very well have a high pressure bladder, which would make reflex voiding like this dangerous to your kidneys and increase your risks for urinary tract infections (UTI). How long have you been injured? Do you have a urologist? Do you know how much residual urine you have (urine left in your bladder after it "kicks off" or attempted to empty on it's own)?

(KLD)

Comment

Jesus, welcome to CareCure. I agree it would be a good idea to post more about your situation so that others can respond (those who don't go to Equipment forum).
                  Are you familiar with any disability groups in Mexico? You may be familiar with the Independent Living programs in North America that are staffed by disabled persons and provide services to individuals.
                  I did a quick internet search and saw some of these listed, but I don't know Spanish. One of them, Projimo Mexico, had an English description which stated it is run by disabled persons. I don't know if it is still in existence, but if you can do a similar search for "Disability-Oriented Organizations", you may find some that you could contact to see if they can help with equipment or suggest other sources.
                  Do you know any other persons in your community who have paralysis?

Comment

thank you for the answer , her we have the organization TELETON but its only for kids , and Im 40 yrs old . I have 3 friends her in ensenada with SCI
                    but they all have pension from companies they work before accident. and I was working by my self with no benefits now. thats the reason Im asking
                    for any help

Comment

I noticed that several hundred persons have viewed your posts but only a couple of responses to you.

Is the equipment you request all for you? If so, can you be more specific about your situation? What kind of wheelchair are you looking for, what width for the seat? What kind of handcycle are you looking for? Have you ever sat in a handcycle? Do you need any adaptations to uses the crank arms on a handcycle? That might be needed if you have loss of function in your hands that makes your grip difficult.

Are you able to advocate for yourself, such as contact your 3 paralyzed friends to see if they know of any sources for help or if they can make suggestions for your self care. No, I'm not suggesting you ask them for equipment, but talk to them about your situation. Talking to other disabled persons may lead to the help you are seeking - "networking".

Comment

jesus,I'm in canada,If I had your mailing address,I will send you a bunch of Bisacodyl 10mg suppository's.You can PM me that info

Comment

Hi, i live in toronto at least for 10 yrs. !! My addres its : Colonia vista al mar , calle esperanza lote 4 manzana 3, el sauzal baja california mexico. You can find me on facebook as jesus emilio soto flores if you need more info

Comment

Hi, I dont see your ad until today. Ok I have to be more active until now Im using an electric wheelchair , but now my arms are stronger to use a light-wheelchair can be used, the size of the seat can be 16x18 .I dont move my fingers so for a handcycle I need adaptations and will be a great excersise for me .
                            if you need more information can be on facebook . jesus emilio soto flores.

Comment

HI, I GOT AN ADDRESS FROM CALIFORNIA ITS A FRIEND AND YOU CAN SEND THERE THE SUPPOSITORYS:

SHE IS GRACIELA ZATARAIN ADDRESS: Z MARKET , 3200 MISSION AVE. OCEANSIDE CA. ZIP CODE :92058

Thank You So Much. Jesus

Comment

Working...
                              X